Jump to content
IT'S NOT TOO LATE! Read more... ×

HUSQVARNA OFFICIALLY UNVEIL 2018 ENDURO RANGE

Bryan Bosch

HUSQVARNA MOTORCYCLES LIFT THE COVERS FROM THEIR EXCITING 2018 ENDURO LINE-UP

Husqvarna Motorcycles today launch their complete line-up of 2018 enduro models – a sophisticated new series of 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines that take the historic brand’s enduro model line-up to a whole new level in terms of technology and performance.

Introducing the next generation of 2-stroke machines – the all-new, electronic fuel-injected TE 250i and TE 300i – Husqvarna’s latest enduro offerings deliver unprecedented advantages in terms of performance, rideability, fuel consumption and ease of use. The introduction of electronic fuel injection by Husqvarna Motorcycles represents a bold new step into the future of offroad motorcycling.

Together with the fuel-injected 2-strokes, Husqvarna Motorcycles present a heavily updated range of TE and FE machines for model year 2018. Collecting feedback from top-level competition and combining it with extensive research, the brand’s engineers ensured that the 2018 TX 125, TE 150 (only for US), FE 250, FE 350, FE 450 and FE 501 remain true to Husqvarna Motorcycles’ commitment to offer premium motorcycles across their complete enduro range.

2-STROKE’S NEW ERA

Perfectly embodying Husqvarna’s pioneering spirit, the new from the ground up electronic fuel injected TE 250i and TE 300i machines feature engine technology that revolutionises the field of 2-stroke enduro motorcycles.

TE 250I/300I ELECTRONIC FUEL INJECTION HIGHLIGHTS
=>Fuel injectors at the transfer ports → Ideal amount of fuel in all conditions
=>Oil pump & oil tank → Convenient, eliminates pre-mix
=>39 mm throttle body → Regulates air flow, TPS relays airflow data
=>New EMS → Modern engine management, no need for jetting changes
=>Standard map select → Customise power characteristics
=>Frame integrated oil filler cap → Simple refills
=>Translucent fuel tank → Large capacity, fuel pump integrated
=>New intake snorkel → Adapted to throttle body

SETTING THE BENCHMARK

Combining the most advanced engine technology with a series of dynamic upgrades, all Husqvarna Motorcycles 2-stroke and 4-stroke machines set the benchmark in terms of handling, power, weight and aesthetics.

MY18 ENDURO HIGHLIGHTS (ALL MODELS)
=>WP Xplor 48 front fork → New fork tubes & setting for added sensitivity & bottoming resistance
=>New Magura brake callipers & GSK discs → Optimal sensitivity & progression
=>New ProTaper handlebar → Class-leading function & style

The new Husqvarna MY18 enduro range will be available worldwide from July 2017 at all authorized Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers. For all details on pricing and availability, please refer to your national Husqvarna Motorcycles Subsidiary or Importer.

FE 250 MY18.jpg

TX 125 MY18 - Action .jpg

TX 125 MY18 - Action -1.jpg

Husqvarna Functional Clothing 2018-1.jpg

Husqvarna Functional Clothing 2018-2.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wow it looks like the FE isnt going to be a dual sport anymore after the 17 was delayed because of emissions verification.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sigma Pi said:

??? Where did you see that looked like all 2 strokes.

1 hour ago, Paul Wilcox said:

??? Where did you see that looked like all 2 strokes.

The very first three pics.   What do you think?

Edited by Sigma Pi

Link to comment

Could just be something they overlooked. 501/701 wasn't pictured... Maybe just the standard pictures. Looks like they still have license plate bracket on the back.

2 hours ago, Paul Wilcox said:

I am sure the 701 will be street legal.   No 501 pictured so I agree, we dont know but I think you could be right.   I guess the 501 and 701 are doing their own thing?   450 and lower are not street legal.

Link to comment

Is this a USA announcement?  I thought the FE's would have the signal lights etc on them.  Or has KTM decided to have KTM 4 strokes be the dual sports and Husky to be the dirt bikes?

6 hours ago, trailmeisterjoe said:

Interesting that the Husky 250/300 get the FI, but on the KTM, only the 250 will.

Joe

USA is only getting the 250TPI. But KTM is making a 300TPI dual sport but for European markets only. And from my understanding USA is only getting the TE250i. Unless I'm wrong???

Edited by kgish475

Link to comment

So I'M told this is a European press release.

'18 Husky in the US is carbureted just like the KTM. Their fuel injected bike will also be a late year release.

13 hours ago, Greg555 said:

So I'M told this is a European press release.

You're correct. We got the info from the Head of Media and Public Relations in Austria. Although, the press release included:

"The new Husqvarna MY18 enduro range will be available worldwide from July 2017 at all authorised Husqvarna Motorcycles Dealers."

Link to comment

Those are some damn fine bikes, it's too bad I'm still butthurt about KTM saving and eliminating the Husaberg name.  Twice parent company Electrolux sold out the Sweedish engineers  that made KTM dominant in 4 Stroke off road competition.  Husqvarna was long gone to Cagiva in italy.  Twenty years later sold to BMW.  Then six more before coming back in name only with 26 years of Swedish Husaberg effort to add BNG's on production Bergs for ay least the next two years + some. I know the 88-89 bikes  motors were Huskys, but they were designed by the same Seeedish engineers who created those motors as Husqvarna employees.  While being praised for Austrian excelence years later the Orange bike 250 KTM 4 stroke was entirely a Seeedish design.  Honesty, I'm happy to see their success, it only hurts every time a newbee repeatedly mispronounces Husqvarna with stuterung additionsl "a's".  Most likely having zero knowledge they were not part of KTM or Sweedish motorcycle technology for more than the last 1/4 century.

Edited by Fred X
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2017 at 6:43 PM, Sigma Pi said:

The very first three pics.   What do you think?

Ya the only thing on that seems dual sport is the plate mountunder the rear fender,wich doesnt make much scence?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fred X said:

Im Hip...

6 hours ago, dzrhnds said:

Yeah, agreed.  The head light and tail light dont make sense.

7 minutes ago, scottandmegan said:

This is their enduro  line up,not dual sport. Most enduro races require a head light and tail light.

The 2017 line up has turn signals on the FE 450.

Edited by Sigma Pi

1 minute ago, scottandmegan said:

Yes ,this is the TE line up

The VERY FIRST three pictures are TE?

Just now, scottandmegan said:

Your right ,first three are FE. Which is their four stroke enduro bikes correct?

Yup (Four stroke Enduro)!   Its a confusing move.  The FE450 was Dual Sport, I dont think they changed the motor, so why not make it a DS?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:

• Similar Content

• By Dr. Damage
      Ok, I idolize, worship the new 2018 YZ450F (new for me because I bought it late in the year).
      Haven't had any starting issues or had to use the new starter plunger until the winter temperatures crept in.
      I keep it in an off and on heated garage, but in the morning it's cold, and would not start so easily anymore as it did in the summer, where I never before had to use the starter circuit.
      The F.S.M says to push the plunger all the way in, then hit the starter, and let the engine run/rev at 3000-5000rpm!!! for 1-2 minutes.
      Then, your supposed to operate the throttle, as the chop throttle direction is supposed to kick the plunger back out to its N.O.T. position.
      I did exactly this, but, when I operate the throttle, the throttle close direction DOESN'T kick the plunger back out.
      The engine was revving at about 3100rpm for only about 40 seconds, when, to my dismay, I looked down at the engine & exhaust pipe; the exhaust pipe exiting the cylinder port was glowing so hot I swear it was almost molten!
      Screaming inside my head, I quickly grabbed a pair of long slip joint pliers to pull the plunger back out (or else I'd no doubt brand myself on the glowing exhaust), and the motor rpm dropped to a more conventional warm/idle up speed.
      I then had to accelerate the water pump briefly, then cut the engine. I waited a few seconds, and started it up again, and varied the throttle slightly. I repeated this a few times in order to cycle the motor, and safely remove the heat conduction thru the cylinder head.
      My YZ450F runs great, post incident, and has more power than ever now. My only issue is now I have to always have a pair of pliers when cold starting the powerhouse, because the throttle and starter plunger still don't communicate. I DON'T let it run for more than like 15 seconds on fast idle anymore.
      My question is, WHY did the pipe heat up so much if that is how long it's recommended to fast idle, AND does anyone else have this issue with their starter plunger sticking, or had their pipe heat up orange hot?
      I went to the dealership to correspond with the mechanics there and no one was able to give me any information.
      Please, ONLY 2018+ YZ450F owners need reply on this thread, as it is a BRAND NEW starting device on a fuel injected engine for Yamaha, so other instances or experiences will not apply.
    • By jeffro667
      Bike has 50  hours by a
    • By Bryan Bosch
      Will update as we learn more about the specs. Word on the street is substantially more affordable than similar options out there.😎

• By wachterxc
      Could a brand-new Six Days 250 EXC-F survive the baja rally? If you have any experience, what would be the downsides of running a smaller engine instead of a 450? Tips for or tricks to set-up the bike? Ive ridden enduros all my life and want to challange myself to a rally.... still figuring out all the navigation details.
    • By Toms.abpg
      My bone stock kx250f has almost killed me twice bogging on the face of a jump, it has 12 hours on it, seems to only do it when hot. Don’t know if this would make a difference but I run vp110 and 87 pump mixed little less than half. I’m floored by this and terrified of this machine
×