Jump to content

sparkarrestor New "Drop In" Spark Arrestor Solution for Dirt Bikes & ATVs

B Squared

Updated 05/05/2020: product is now USFS approved.

If you’re looking for an economical, yet high-quality modular spark arrestor for your round core 2 and 4-stroke muffler, take a look at the solution from Fisch Moto. It’s offered in 5 sizes to fit a wide-range of mufflers and comes complete with everything needed for installation, including the correct Allen wrench. No drilling out rivets to install an expensive new spark arrested end-cap, Fisch Moto spark arrestors slide right into your existing end-cap.

20190816_143612.jpg
Making your bike spark arrested just got easier & more affordable.

Manufactured in Canada, Fisch Moto precision machines the spark arrestor body from corrosion resistant 304 stainless steel and it’s held securely in place with 3 stainless steel set screws. Using the included Allen wrench, the Fisch Moto spark arrestor can be installed or removed in a matter of a few minutes.

Spark Arrestor Kit Sizes

• Kit 20 (20.0mm-25.4mm / 0.800”-1.000”)
  • Kit 25 (25.5mm-29.4mm / 1.004”-1.157”)
  • Kit 30 (29.5mm-35.4mm / 1.161”-1.394”)
  • Kit 35 (35.5mm-40.4mm / 1.398”-1.591”)
  • Kit 40 (40.5mm-45.7mm / 1.596”-1.800”)

Spark-Arrestor-2-1-of-1-768x537.jpg
2 or 4 stroke, if your muffler core is round, chances are Fisch Moto has you covered.

From the Horse's Mouth

“There really was no middle ground option on the market for spark arrestors. You could change your full exhaust for one with a sparky in it, or you could dismantle your existing setup and put in something cheap.  We just wanted to take our bikes out and ride and there was nothing available that made it quick and easy. We couldn't find a solution so we made one. Inexpensive, and quick to install. No need to set aside an afternoon to clean it out, you can do that in minutes before loading up.”

Henry Pankratz, Co-owner Fisch Moto

Fischmoto Bilder 2.jpg
Fisch Moto modular spark arrestors are intelligently designed and built to last.

For more information, including an installation video and to purchase yours, checkout the Fisch Moto website.

ThumperTalk Deal:  The first 10 to order get 15% off with coupon code TTtop10

fisch_spark_arrestor_clean_normal.jpg

MotoLogoJpeg.jpg

Edited by B Squared
A size was listed twice

• Like 5

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If its approved that is really nice.  BLM and FS are cracking down on this in many places.

• Like 3

Link to comment

Very similar securing design to the old DB Dawg(they had a spark arrestor that could be added) but this looks to have much better set screw design vs the 90 degree ones that you could only turn 1/8 turn at a time. If this is USFS approved that would be great too

• Like 1

Link to comment

We did send out the spark arrestor to USFS for testing. They gave us approval but have not yet sent us the official document so that we can add the stamp to our products.
We hope to have the document within the month, I will post here when we do have that approval.

-Jon

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Fisch Moto said:

-Jon

Fantastic, because this looks like the hot ticket as they say.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Fisch Moto said:

-Jon

IF the approval happens after we buy the product, can we exchange it for the new stamped version?

14 hours ago, k.g said:

If its been used, and has no defect we cant exchange it. But there were no modifications made to pass usfs testing, perheps the officer would be satisfied with the approval document being posted on our site under the product description?

Link to comment

Put some time on our Fisch Moto s/a on a 2019 YZ450F over the weekend. Seat of the pants can't feel any difference in terms of throttle response and overall power. Same w/ our ears: no discernable difference v. stock.

@Fisch Moto if you would, do let us know when your USFS approval is listed on your website. We'd like to print the page and toss it in our pack. I've never been stopped for a spark arrestor check in 40+ years of riding, but always the first time. ;)

20191231_114800.jpg

Link to comment

I'm a bit confused by this product. There's several "drop in" style spark arrestors that are far cheaper and Forest Service approved. This isn't a performance part, it's a simple screen.

Link to comment

The operative feature of this product is that it just bolts in. There is no rivet drilling or dismantling of the end cap. What other product do you know of that does that? No one said it's a performance part.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, shrub73 said:

My issue is that it's priced like a performance part. $75usd is a ton of money for such a simple product. Don't get me wrong; it's a good looking part that would be a cinch to install but there's other drop in style models that are a fraction of the cost (Pro Circuit, FMF, etc).

10 minutes ago, Vanmoto said:

It's the cheapest (and most elegant) screen type I'm aware of. What complete products specifically are you referring to that are cheaper than $75 bucks?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vanmoto said:

You missed the aim of the operative feature of the product we are discussing. Perhaps there is a language barrier, not certain, but I am tired of beating a dead horse here.

Edited by shrub73

11 minutes ago, shrub73 said:

You missed the aim of the operative part of the product we are discussing. Perhaps there is a language barrier, not certain, but I am tried of beating a dead horse here.

It's clearly the best drop in style SA available because of it's functionality and style. I'm not saying it's a poor piece of equipment. I'm just stating that imo, it's way too expensive for what it is.

49 minutes ago, Vanmoto said:

Example... my buddy rides a 19 yz450f, both mx and offroad. Stock muffler is excellent, but he need to be spark arrested offroad. In this case, the Fisch solution is one of the best and cheapest. There is no OE spark arrestor option and a whole new endcap is way more work to install and about 2x the cost of Fisch, let alone a new spark arrested slip on.

Are you aware that a lot of the replacement parts for popular brands of exhaust are commonly backordered? They wait until they get enough orders to make more. Problem if you buy a used bike with their exhaust that isnt spark arrested and you have a ride soon.

Probably more examples of why a modular universal s/a like this has value, but not in all cases like most things.

In terms of value, the market will determine that via sales. A product doesnt have to appeal to everyone to be a good value.

1 hour ago, Bryan Bosch said:

These are all good points and I fully agree that the Fisch s/a is the best option. My point from the beginning is that it's a lot of money for such a low tech part. Maybe I'm just cheap...

It also bothers me that Fisch is a Canadian company but lists their prices in USD on their website. I know why they do that but it irks me nonetheless :)

• Like 1

Link to comment

I have over 50 hours on one of their first units on my 2019 CRF250 (twin pipe), perfect fit, has never come loose, no loss of power.   Has required zero maintenance.  Takes 1 minute to install.  MUCH cheaper than an aftermarket exhaust system. Feels super light and when you hold it in your hand, you can tell it is a quality made product, not some cheap junk that will come apart on you.  Buy it, it is a great deal and you will not regret it.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 2:46 PM, Fisch Moto said:

-Jon

Please keep us updated on the results of the USFS testing

• Like 1

On 1/7/2020 at 3:02 PM, Vanmoto said:

Will any of these fit a stock 2020 YZ 250 2T or are they only for the aftermarket slip on like the Pro Circuit, FMF?

1 hour ago, foxtrot722 said:

The bottom of this page will show you how to measure. We have confirmed fitment for the 250x, 250f, and 250fx but none for 250 yet.
If you could measure and let me know what the tailpipe opening is, I will add it to the guide.

2 hours ago, foxtrot722 said:

A screen style SA will get clogged frequently on a 2T due to the oil. A cyclone style SA is better in your application. Look at something like the FMF Turbine Core muffler. USFS approved and won't clog up.

Join the conversation

Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Add a comment...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Cully Lauver
      Hey, I have an 05 yz125 and I decided to re-pack the pro circuit r-304 shorty (silencer) on it. I disassembled the silencer from the back end, where it meets the expansion chamber. I removed the core and the packing along with it, but now down in the tip of the silencer there is some left over, with what seems to be some silicone coating. The leftover stuff is in the part of the silencer where it changes angles, and gasses are expelled. Not sure if I should keep trying to remove it? (It’s kinda jammed in there) or leave it be and just repack the rest of it. So should all the repacking be out if the silencer?
      Thanks in Advance

• By MotoGuido
      Hey guys hoping you can help me here.  I drove to pick up a bike I was told was a '92, when I got there I determined it must be a 1990 because the way the "subframe" is all out of whack for the rear fender and side plates.  I bought the bike anyway because (I drove 8hrs and burned a lot of gas..) and the engine and frame are in pretty good shape.
      The whole reason for purchasing the bike was to do a '92 Bradshaw replica.  I'm wondering if I will have to get the '92 exhaust in order for that to work and what the difference is?
      From 90 to 91 to 92 seems to be different exhausts every year, is it just the mounting tabs?
      Also does anyone know the swingarm compatibility?
      Airbox compatibility?

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

• By Troy Todd
      I just purchased a new 2020 350 Exc-f and want a new exhaust rather than chopping out the screen and unpacking the stock one. I called fmf and they stated they do not make the 4.1 for 2020 yet and have no time frame for when they will make it. Has anyone put a aftermarket exhaust on this bike yet? I’m a welder by trade and am considering buying a 2019 muffler and fabricating it to the stock header. Is this a poor idea? I plan on buying vortex Ecu and removing reeds as well thanks for any and all feed back!
    • By Logan S
      Does anyone know if a stock exhaust from a 2020 crf250r would fit on a 2013 crf250r? I know that the 2013 is a single exhaust but i just would like to know if the mounting points would match up.
    • By Sunshinesimeon
      Good Sunday morning to everyone! A big shout out to everyone twisting the throttle this weekend.
      Question: Do I have to pull the motor to do the exhaust flange?
      I read a post from years ago that a 2008 250 XC-W has issues when crashed hard. Well.... so be it.
      I’m going to order the part today, but wanted to see if it is quick, or a bigger job to change it out.
      Thanks so much!