Following are some causes that may be keeping you from riding free of armpump.
- The most important single thing to keep from having armpump is to do a lot of quality practicing on the bike. Like 3 or 4 days per week and racing on the weekends. Or at least as much riding as you possibly can.
- Next is riding and racing with a smooth riding style, flowing with the bike, working with the bike and not riding tight and fighting the bike.
- Riders who are having arm pump problems should do more cardio and less lifting of weights.
- Don’t do your forearm exercises too hard. You don’t want to make the muscles too tight. Just give them a moderate workout.
- A lot of stretching and massage of the forearms is also good.
- A relaxed mind free of anxiety, stress and tension is also very helpful. Have fun with it and relax as much as possible.
- Ride with a low center of gravity. Use your legs to hold onto the bike as much as possible and relax your arms and hands as much as possible. A lot of riding time allows you to be able to do this.
- Make sure you are using all the proper techniques.
Professional Motocross Trainer
If you like this riding tip, it's just the tip of the iceberg. Get all the riding techniques and practice methods that will elevate your riding skills For REAL from our Motocross Techniques/Training DVDs or one of our three Instant Access Video On Demand Subscriptions.