Nice YZ125

Very nice bike! I too am thinking it's conversion though. Although the gas tank does look a lot better than the previous ones we have seen. For example:

"Spy" photo of a 2010 that was circulating a couple years ago:

2011-YZ250-1.jpg

VD Laar conversion:

schade20024.jpg

It's real....

You just can't buy it from Yamaha like that.

http://vdlaarracing.nl/specificaties.html

Are you sure that is a VD Laar conversion CaptDan? Look at the picture I posted of the VD Laar kit. The tank on the bike harrperf posted looks quite a bit different than the VD Laar one. I actually really hope it is not a VD Laar kit as they seem to be impossible to contact. It would be really nice if it were a tank manufactured here in North America.

Are you sure that is a VD Laar conversion CaptDan? Look at the picture I posted of the VD Laar kit. The tank on the bike harrperf posted looks quite a bit different than the VD Laar one.

Well, I don't know for sure ( ? ), but VD Laar is the only place that offers anything like this that I know of, so that was my "Go To" answer.

These two tanks look very similar...

2011-YZ250-1.jpg

yz125.jpg

...and they are different from the bike on the VD Laar website...

schade20024.jpg

...(thanks for posting those, BTW. ?). So who knows? :busted:

I actually really hope it is not a VD Laar kit as they seem to be impossible to contact. It would be really nice if it were a tank manufactured here in North America.
I am soo with you on that! :moon::confused::worthy:

I contacted Clarke Manufacturing about doing a custom tank, but they are not interested.

Cycra molds plastic parts in the U.S., maybe they would step up.

The bike is real - I've seen it - but I don't know about the details on the build.

Someone needs to tell him he missed the 250f swingarm!

Hey harrperf PLEASE find out some details for us! Also did you happen to see this bike on our side of the Atlantic or were you on a European excursion haha. I think there are quite a few of us around here who would love to get our hands on one of those tanks.