Curb (Kerb?) weights of TE's

Interesting tidbit - Kerb weight (everything but fuel), in Lbs:

Updated 2008 info by " ow595":

https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5931266#post5931266

08 450TXC weight...

I weighed a new 450TXC fresh from the crate, ready to ride with no gas.

256lbs... I was surprised as this is heavier then I expected.

On the same scale:

08 505XCF and 08 450XCF 238lbs.

07 25SXF 214lbs.

07 WR450 260lbs.

08 450XCRW 249lbs.

William

Santa Cruz, Ca

----------------------------------------

TE250 - 261 - April 2006 Dirt Rider

TE450 - 262 - March 2006 Dirt Bike

TE510 - 265 - Feb 2006 Dirt Bike

Just thought I would put the weight info in one place - let me know if I got the #s wrong and I will correct.

Edit - 2006 bikes:

wr450f - 259 Dirt Bike March 2006

crf450x - 259 Dirt Bike March 2006

CRF250x - 250 Dirt Rider April 2006

WR250f - 252 Dirt Rider April 2006

Edit - 2008 450 bikes, Dirt Rider Sept 2007

wr450f - 276

crf450x - 276

450exc - 275

klx450r - 278

And just for giggles:

KLR250 - 295 (measured by several)

KLR650 - 373

DRZ400s - 317

CRF230f - "just under" 240 - probably referring to the dry weight listed in the specs

CRF230f - 250.2 - curb weight from service manual

CRF230f - 237.2 - dry weight from service manual

KLX300R - 255 curb weight, 270 with gas

As always, let me know of any mistakes or other info available - esp the new ktms that will come with lic plates...

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2005 husqvarna owners manual "Kerb weight, without Fuel"

TE-250 = 244.7 lb

TE-450 = 255.7 lb

TE-510 = 256.8 lb

having rode a 06 TE-250, what ever the numbers are It's definitely about 8-10 lbs lighter then my Te-510, Mags have said my 510 is 265lbs ready to ride w/o gas........I just can't see the Te250 being in the 260+ range, more then like 257 max ready to ride w/o gas - my personal feeling

Hey Bob, why don't you quit quoting what publications say your bike weighs and weigh the damn thing. Then you will know for sure. Break out the bathroom scale and go for it.

The 510 should weigh about 2.5 lbs more than the 450. And the 450 should weigh about 2.5 lbs more than the 250. As you say the 250 feels lighter. It feels like 10 to 20 lbs lighter than the 510 to me but it is not. That is just the feel of less rotating mass. Let us know what your bike weighs, just do it with a full tank of gas. Then you can subtract 6 lbs per gallon for curb weight. Or drain the gas.

2005 husqvarna owners manual "Kerb weight, without Fuel"

TE-250 = 244.7 lb

TE-450 = 255.7 lb

TE-510 = 256.8 lb

having rode a 06 TE-250, what ever the numbers are It's definitely about 8-10 lbs lighter then my Te-510, Mags have said my 510 is 265lbs ready to ride w/o gas........I just can't see the Te250 being in the 260+ range, more then like 257 max ready to ride w/o gas - my personal feeling

EXCELLENT! I should have put those in too - thanks for doing it.

Just thought sometime in the future someone could do a search and find some useful info.

Thanks Coffee (& bigbob)!

I've been asking that question in other threads and never got a response. I think the first thing I'll do is weigh the 250 when I get my hands on it.

Hmmmm, Coffee (said in a Homer Simpson voice)!

Think I need to go get a refill! That damn avatar is gonna kill me! ?

Hey Bob, why don't you quit quoting what publications say your bike weighs and weigh the damn thing. Then you will know for sure. Break out the bathroom scale and go for it.

The 510 should weigh about 2.5 lbs more than the 450. And the 450 should weigh about 2.5 lbs more than the 250. As you say the 250 feels lighter. It feels like 10 to 20 lbs lighter than the 510 to me but it is not. That is just the feel of less rotating mass. Let us know what your bike weighs, just do it with a full tank of gas. Then you can subtract 6 lbs per gallon for curb weight. Or drain the gas.

being an engineer trained in error analysis, from the very first days of freshman college physics, I know the inaccuracy of such methods as bath room scales and one tire then another tire. I quote publications because that's all I have.

being an engineer trained in error analysis, from the very first days of freshman college physics, I know the inaccuracy of such methods as bath room scales and one tire then another tire. I quote publications because that's all I have.

I thought you sounded like someone I could relate to (engineer).

Thought about PMing you or talking in person at some point but since others may have an interest...

Without going into a lot of detail - what is your opinion of the "one bike wheel at a time on a bathroom scale" vs a "real scale" methods of measuring a bikes weight?

How much error do you think might be introduced and in what direction?

Is it the accuracy of the bathroom scale?

OK Bob, how about geting a 7' board, weigh it, put your bike on it on the scale at it's balance point, note the weight, subtract weight of board = Husky weight.

I'm not an engineer but it's not exactly rocket science we are asking for here.

I'll bet you a beer that the bathroom scale on each wheel method is within 1%. Certified truck scales wouldn't even be that accurate with such a light load ( a 270 lb motorcycle) on them anyway.

Not two bathroom scales Bob, just one. Get someone to read the scale while you balance the bike with our pinkey.

Leave it to an engineer to make something so simple, tough.

I went into your first link and after the first paragraph explaining to me that you have to set your bathroom scale to zero before attempting to weigh something accurately, I gave up. At that point I knew it was way too technical for me to comprehend.

Its simple if you do the following, set the bathroom scales to 0, weigh yourself first, pick up your bike and weigh yourself plus the bike. Deduct your own weight, voila!

Does it matter which arm I hold the bike in?

Never mind, I'll try it both ways.........

actually I'm not that type of engineer who over complicates things, if anything I'm a lazy make the assumptions necessary to get to point engineer. I just threw all that lingo your way so we could drop this conversation.......bottom line I'm not gonna weigh my bike......and I'll probably go on quoting Husqvarna ...as I figure they have a rational basis to the published weights, that's good enough for me. like I said close enough.

to me the weight of the bike dont matter. Everyone makes such a big deal over it but the way the husky handels is awsome. Sure it may be a little overwieght comaperd to the other bikes but I sure as heck dont feel the weight! The bike is so nicely balanced it feels like 20 or 30 lbs less than it really is.

Hey you frickin rocket scientists....how about using a good old MX bike stand on 1 scale and then subtract the stand weight from total? Or does the hernia idea of holding the bike in the air tempt you all? Or is it you dual sport types don't have a good old MX stand? Hmmmnn. Just breaking chops here......I mean how many posts to weigh a bike? Kinda like the old question "how many Californians does it take to screw in a light bulb? NONE....Californians screw in hot tubs"

Hey you frickin rocket scientists........."

next time we want to go to the moon, we'll be sure to ask you. With that tone you sound like my surfer brother who believes the whole moon trip was staged in a sound stage in Hollywood. He says to me hey Mr. Engineer if we went to the moon then why are there no stars in the pictures? I basically just slump my shoulders and say nothing. There are some basic levels of ignorance in the world I can't solve.

no one here was tryin to weigh a bike, the question was asked about weights. I simply answered it with published weight data and was then challenged by several of you non rocket scientist types to use your own personal home remedies to weigh the bike. Ok so why don't you all use your bath room scales and your MX stand or wood plank, do the tare calculations and present us with your weight data...so we can slam you......... whooppi fricking do.