akrapovic titanium duals 06

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys sorry for the delay in reporting but the first track I went too I had never ridden before so it was difficult to make a comparison there.

anyway went to a familiar track last sunday.

first impressions were the pipe is surprisingly quiet probably on a par with the noise level of the standard system not loud like the PC system I had on my 05.

Bottom end was slightly more responsive. The real advantage was in the mid and upper rpm ranges, the top end in particular was much improved to the extent that I found myself holding a gear longer which meant less shifting and better engine braking. The power just keeps coming right up to the rev limit and you dont feel the need to change gear as the power tails off just before the limiter kicks in.

I do think it is a tribute to modern factory (Honda) design that these after market systems dont make the huge gains they did over standard a few years ago, although that was admittedly mainly the 2 stroke era when pipe design was much more critical.

However to sum up, the power is better everywhere the quality is unbelieveable, the fit superb, the welding and spring fitments are totally awesome and the weight saving impressive. So well worth the money in my opinion. Have a look and see what you think.

akrapovic 004 (Medium).jpg

akrapovic 008 (Medium).jpg

akrapovic 011 (Medium).jpg

akrapovic 003 (Medium) (2).jpg

hi guys sorry for the delay in reporting but the first track I went too I had never ridden before so it was difficult to make a comparison there.

anyway went to a familiar track last sunday.

first impressions were the pipe is surprisingly quiet probably on a par with the noise level of the standard system not loud like the PC system I had on my 05.

Bottom end was slightly more responsive. The real advantage was in the mid and upper rpm ranges, the top end in particular was much improved to the extent that I found myself holding a gear longer which meant less shifting and better engine braking. The power just keeps coming right up to the rev limit and you dont feel the need to change gear as the power tails off just before the limiter kicks in.

I do think it is a tribute to modern factory (Honda) design that these after market systems dont make the huge gains they did over standard a few years ago, although that was admittedly mainly the 2 stroke era when pipe design was much more critical.

However to sum up, the power is better everywhere the quality is unbelieveable, the fit superb, the welding and spring fitments are totally awesome and the weight saving impressive. So well worth the money in my opinion. Have a look and see what you think.

Holy shit that is the nicest CRF i have ever seen! I hope ya know how to ride it right! ?

• 1 month later...
Feel free to send the money to me.

Once a month I'll mail you a card telling you how cool you are and how you're the greatest. That should make you feel much better than having those cans. ?

Sounds like a win-win to me. :lame:

PM me for a mailing address. ?

LOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!!! spode, ur down.

how much did it set you back??

Havent costed it all out, as I would probably frighten myself. lots you cant see like carb and susp mods and stuff, but i reckon ball park about £2000 which equates to about $3800 I guess. bear in mind parts in the UK are much more expensive, as are the bikes new which are £4900 which equals about $9200

Have just sold it but have taken all the goodies off to put on my 07,

Hows the noise level?

Where about's do you live in the UK? I'm from Derby Midlands, yourself?

Do you compete or practice? What class if so?

am in the north east, parctice mainly as my racing days are pretty much over. 49 years old and it hurts a bit when you fall off LOL.

raced once this year and practiced 5 times . finshed 5th overall AMCA junior.

bike now for sale in standard trim; but all the standard bits ie wheels seat plastics etc etc have never been on so it will look like a brand new bike other than normal frame boot rubbings.

this bike is mint and so well looked after

£3000 if you hear of any one cheers