'01 YZ 426 manual in PDF format

i have made a manual in pdf format for viewing on the computer for convienience or if you are missing it already. i made it out of the scanned images that were on motomans website, he had bmp's of each page in a zip file which wasn't easy for viewing so i made a pdf which is easy for viewing. And as you guessed i need a place to host the file i think it like 5.5 megs

Jusitn

Hey JT, You beat me to it. Not to knock Motoman, but I have to agree, the .bmp images were a headache. I was also going to to what you did, but just havent found the time, since I just got done doing the 450 cam mod. Props to you bro, and thx...

props to flyinguitars for hosting and to motoman for the original bmp scans of the manual. and you're welcome chills and anyone else who finds this to be usefull, i'm glad i can contibute to the community.

Justin

No problem. Maybe we should ask the mods to post the link up top as a sticky. My own manual is pretty beat, so this really comes in handy. I plan on printing the sections that I need when working on the bike and not worrying if the pages get grease or oil on them....I can always print more ?

Yamaha has all the factory manuals on they YDS website for dealer downloads. You can get assembly, service and user manuals along with all the TSBs for the bikes.

I would suggest to get to know the service manager in your local dealer. See if they can download the manual and burn it to a CDrom for you.

Is there any way to save this to our hard drive?

this is great. I can't find my manual so it work out perfect.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work ?

Yea...you should be able to click file then save as. This is on my band's site so I should be able to keep it online for quite a while....but saving it on your hard drive means you'll always have it...plus it saves a little bandwidth too.

Hey Riff,

Normally what should happen once you click on the file Abobe Acrobat should open, sometimes with windows there a couple of tricks depending on how it is configured. If you are using the Web Browser plug for IE, it will open the file within IE, and therefore makes it a BIOTCH to save. There is a setting within Abobe Acrobat "READER" that will allow you to open in a new window, and then save the file to the destination of your choice. Here's what you do, assuming you have Adobe Acrobat Reader 6:

1. Open up Adobe Acrobat Reader. (Yes, it will be a blank gray page)

2. At the top Left, click on EDIT

3. In the drop down list, select(Click) on PREFERENCES (at the bottom)

4. A new window will open, and on the left hand side there will be a column of different selections, locate the selection that says, INTERNET.

5. After you click on INTERNET, you will see the Web Browser Options displaying.

6. UNCHECK the very First checkbox that says, "Display PDF in Browser."

7. Click on OK at the bottom right

8. Close Adobe Acrobat Reader

9. Access the forums again, and click on the link for the Manual.

10. Now you can save it like normal.

NOTE: On rare occassions, you might have to reboot, but I have only seen this about 2x. So if for some reason it doesnt open up for you in a new window and allow for you to save it, reboot you PC and access the forums again and try to open it.

Is there any way to save this to our hard drive?

this is great. I can't find my manual so it work out perfect.

Thanks to everyone for their hard work ?

While you are looking at the manual, click on the little floppy disk in the upper left corner of the Adobe application. It will open a save as dialog box and you can select the location and file name on your hard drive.