Wheelies.

I have tried to find some information on Wheelies with the Search but I can't really find stuff I need. My question is how do you wheelie for a really long time. I can wheelie for a few seconds. I have my balanced spot but i just can't keep going. Do I have to shift or feather the clutch or something?

Thanks in advance

Yes, you should learn how to shift to wheelie really far. I carry the wheel high so that when I shift, the front end doesn't drop. I like to stay seated and ride the bike at low RPMs, but that's just a personal preferance. Keep your foot over the back brake and learn how to use the brake to keep you from looping out. Practice on your bicycle, too.

yes, watever u do dont pop the clutch this is bad for ur clutch.. So get the front wheel up higher and find ur spot and when it feels like it is comin down then hit the gas hard and if u think ur goin to flip then let off gently

My personal preference is to get the bike on the rocker. Go back and forth from the throttle and the back brake. I like the balancing part and slow speeds. That is really awesome to watch and a great way to show off to your friends. You can also get the front tire farely low and do a power wheelie for a ways, untill the front tire gets to high then you have to let off. Well either way, its a blast.

Don't LOOP IT

Awww.. why not? Just make sure you have a friend video taping the loop and post it here on TT for us to watch! ? I'm getting bored watching all of these successful wheelies.. I'd like to see a video collection of "wheelie bloopers" .. NOT starring me! :D?

Find the perfect balance point you like. Then when you are about to run out of gear bring the front end up a little more then shift it to the next gear. Of course it is alot easier on big bikes. 250cc and above....

if you can lift the front end up high enough and your balance is good then you can ride for a while you just need to tearn how to work the throtle. it all depends on what bike you have to see how often you have to wrok the throtle.

..................... it all depends on what bike you have to see how often you have to wrok the throtle.

It also depends upon how fast you can run when you loop it and how well you can survive the times you can't run fast enough... :D? 'cause you ARE gonna loop it.. it comes with the program. :D

Be sure to video tape your practice sessions... the photo and video forum on TT needs some new stuff.. ?

do it standing up it looks cooler and its easier if you got a 450f or like me a klx 300 you have to kinda bounce the suspension on the klx to get a wheelie standing up but if you got a 450f you just stand up and roll on the throttle in about 2nd or 3rd gear

• 1 month later...
It also depends upon how fast you can run when you loop it and how well you can survive the times you can't run fast enough... ?? 'cause you ARE gonna loop it.. it comes with the program. :D

Be sure to video tape your practice sessions... the photo and video forum on TT needs some new stuff.. :D

i have yet to flip like i said learn how to work the throttle and use the back break and you will be fine they arent that hard to do. half the time i dont even use the back break. when i feel i am up to high just let it start to drop. it is better looking then when you just go threw they gears. not to mention it takes more talent to be able to stay in one gear and keep it up.

It also depends upon how fast you can run when you loop it and how well you can survive the times you can't run fast enough... ?? 'cause you ARE gonna loop it.. it comes with the program. :D

Be sure to video tape your practice sessions... the photo and video forum on TT needs some new stuff.. :D

yes it does

Although I have yet to loop out on the bike, I have done it many times on my bicycle. When that happens u have two options: Hurt your back really bad, or run like hell! I usually run but it really sucks if I am doing a high speed wheelie. Now i stick with the low speed ones but then the back end comes up too quick and im on my back anyway. I sure hope i don't loop on the motorcycle because I'm not sure laying it down on top of you would be as forgiving as on a bicycle.

Oh and a little off topic here: Does it ever seem to you that whenever you get used to wheelies on a motorcycle you can't do it on a bike, and vise versa????