Wheelies??

Alright. I think that i am starting to get good enough at riding wheelies without shifting but now i want to start riding longer ones. So let me get this straight. I put it into 2nd and lift the front tire up to where i am balanced best. Then i bring the tire up a little higher and let go of the throttle and shift without the clutch. Then return the throttle to where it was before.

And is it possible to ride really long wheelies on a CRF250X?

Thanks

Now that you think you are getting good, be prepared for that bike to teach you a lesson. It has be a lot of years since I tried to ried really long wheelies. At 44 I realize I don't heal so well anymore. Nevertheless that did not stop me from trying the other day. Up in 2nd, short shifted to third and rolled on the gas. At some point shortly after rolling on the gas, I found myself rolling on the ground.

Bike was fine, I'm still sore. I got a fat thumb and a thigh that has been a different color every day since. Hey! It impressed the wife. She is still laughing!

yea that bike will teach you a lesson, i do wheelies in front of my house with no shirt on and in shorts its kinda dangerous and my bike (klx 300) thought it could teach me a lesson just pull in the clutch but do them standing up they look the best i think

• 2 weeks later...