VP Ultimate 4

I bought a drum of VP U4 just to try it out. I've never used it before and was just looking for some suggestions. (forgive the newbie questions).

1). Has anyone noticed an improvement? My bike has a Wiseco piston. I didn't do the mod, so I'm not sure of what engine work has been done.

2). Can you transfer the gas to a regular plastic gas can?

3). Will it evaporate if you leave the air valve open on the can?

4). Will it evaporate if you leave it in your tank all week?

Any other tips or suggestions. I haven't poured it in yet.

I have used U4 in my pitbike and my yz420. The bikes both make noticeable power gains with the U4. The yz was not as fussy concerning jetting and the pitbike was a little fussy in terms of jets and settings. U4 contains a high oxygen content and tends to lean the bike out so if you use it you must rejet. You can also do like a 50/50 with supreme and U4 and still get power gains while having the bike less fussy. Generally speaking two to three sizes up on the jets, but if you are running a jetted carb already maybe a good supreme and U4 will work on it. U4 should not be stored in a plastic container unless it is only like for a week. Also the fuel should never be stored in fuel tanks unless the fuel will not be there for more than two weeks

1). Has anyone noticed an improvement? My bike has a Wiseco piston. I didn't do the mod, so I'm not sure of what engine work has been done.

I use U4 in my roadrace bike (RC51) and it works well. We put the bike on the dyno then swapped out the gas and did another dyno run. We saw a 5 hp increase with just the gas. We then ran the bike on the dyno some more and tried to tune the PCII but were never able to get more peak power although we improved the mid range a little.

Yes, there is no problem

It seems to evaporate faster than regular fuel

No

At $12.50/gal though you need to ask youself if 2 or 3 hp in a 426 or 450 is worth it. On the roadrace bike we're running wide open a lot of the time and it helps. On the MX bike I'd have to ask myself if I'm getting all the performance out my existing setup before I started looking for a couple HP with race gas.

Plastic is porous. Which means it breaths, so to speak. This includes both cans and tanks. It will degrade much, much faster in a plastic container than in a metal can. You should NEVER store ANY fuel in a plastic container unless it's for the lawnboy.

Also, the light ends of the fuel WILL absolutely evaporate at a high rate of speed if left in open air environment.

If you leave the fuel in a plastic can for a week, you may well still have fuel that is useable, but it will be nowhere near the original specifications that it was when you cracked open the container.

Also, buying a 55 gal drum of the fuel is a big mistake, unless you can use it up fast.

If it takes you a year to use 55 gallons, you are wasting your money. Some folks go through very extensive procedures just to keep the fuel in it's original condition in a drum.

Buy VP in the 5 gal can.

I bought a drum of VP U4 just to try it out. I've never used it before and was just looking for some suggestions. (forgive the newbie questions).

I use it extensively in my 450 - yes there is an power improvemnet over pump gas...I can tell a big difference between pump 93 and U4...but it does cost dramatically more - NEVER mix it with pump gas - that just dilutes the oxygenated fuel - which is what gives the power

Yes but only for short periods - I pour it back into metal container/drum each day after use. I store the drum in cooler temps - basement

Yes - I do this to evaporate all left in tank after draining...

Not much but more importantly, it will cause you havock if you do not drain it. I drain it completely from the tank and the carb. It will eat your graphics/glue up overtime if you leave it in your tank - also smells up entire garage or where ever you store your bike - your wife or girlfriend will drive you crazy over the smell. Most importantly, the carb will get gummed up very easily if it is left in the carb and float bowl - I learned this the hard way after leaving it in the carb all week. I completely drain after each day or 2 of riding

Any other tips or suggestions. I haven't poured it in yet.

Make sure your bike is jetted correctly before you use it...your fuel screw will be more sensative to U4 than pump gas - once it is dialed in right - you will hate using pump gas.....We call U4 "Bike Crack" as it is addictive.... :thumbsup:

??:D