Anyone care to share their piute stores

Do a search like Palmdale said. You'll get stories of dehydration, super fast singletrack, :D , super SLOW singletrack, :D , puking on the trail, falling off the trail, loosing the trail, limbo logs, big a** skewering logs, being lost, being hopelessly lost, being lost with a GPS, being lost without a GPS, being lost with a map, being hopelessly lost beyond all possibility of being lost with the friends of jawbone map, riding 3 hours in the dark, not getting back to the truck in DS until almost 11:00pm, nasty logs, nasty rocks, nasty riders, LOL, running out of gas, running out of gas even with spare gas, friendly locals, UN-friendly locals, one big mother hillclimb, mud, dust, stream crossings and lots of stories about running out of water and wondering if you're going to die.

Are you up for it?

:D:eek::eek::eek::D

:D:D

Do a search like Palmdale said. You'll get stories of dehydration, super fast singletrack, :D , super SLOW singletrack, :D , puking on the trail, falling off the trail, loosing the trail, limbo logs, big a** skewering logs, being lost, being hopelessly lost, being lost with a GPS, being lost without a GPS, being lost with a map, being hopelessly lost beyond all possibility of being lost with the friends of jawbone map, riding 3 hours in the dark, not getting back to the truck in DS until almost 11:00pm, nasty logs, nasty rocks, nasty riders, LOL, running out of gas, running out of gas even with spare gas, friendly locals, UN-friendly locals, one big mother hillclimb, mud, dust, stream crossings and lots of stories about running out of water and wondering if you're going to die.

Are you up for it?

:D:eek::eek::eek:?

That was beautiful man. :D

Do a search like Palmdale said. You'll get stories of dehydration, super fast singletrack, :eek: , super SLOW singletrack, :D , puking on the trail, falling off the trail, loosing the trail, limbo logs, big a** skewering logs, being lost, being hopelessly lost, being lost with a GPS, being lost without a GPS, being lost with a map, being hopelessly lost beyond all possibility of being lost with the friends of jawbone map, riding 3 hours in the dark, not getting back to the truck in DS until almost 11:00pm, nasty logs, nasty rocks, nasty riders, LOL, running out of gas, running out of gas even with spare gas, friendly locals, UN-friendly locals, one big mother hillclimb, mud, dust, stream crossings and lots of stories about running out of water and wondering if you're going to die.

Are you up for it?

:D:eek::eek::D?

AMEN...

:D

Sorry LT, I think if we went back up this time of year, we wouldn't make it back to TELL any stories. It's been blazing hot up there and we'd end up little puddles in the middle of the singletrack. Can't wait for the fall though....

Well, not all Piutes trips are fraught with danger. I can remember a trip up there in June when everything worked out perfectly. The route selected by Glenn was perfect (...well maybe not Dave's Trail!). The ride went for 70 miles 20 fireroad and 50 single track. We took turns stalling, falling, and bashing trees but no breakdowns. The scenery was outstanding. The rivers were full of water the breeze cooled us off. We were never in danger of a fuel shortage. We got some great pictures and all nearly collapsed when we got back to the staging area. Hope to do that again as soon as the weather permits.

The view from above[/url

Forest Bike Stand

Refreshed about a dip in the river (bike too)

Forest Bike Stand

Well, not all Piutes trips are fraught with danger. I can remember a trip up there in June when everything worked out perfectly. The route selected by Glenn was perfect

7Thumpers, Are you sure you went to the Piutes??? LOL!!!!

:eek::eek::eek:

That's cause Glenn had been lost up there a bunch of times previous to you riding with him! :D

:D:D:D

Glenn is definately THE MAN. I think he knows the area about as good as any and is an awesome trail guide.

BTW, any clues on when the weather will permit? I'm jonesing to get back up there.

Cheers,

bp

I'm kinda kickin aound the possibility of a ride up there on Saturday or a one or 2 night campout the 12th and 13th. Maybe something local from my house Saturday if not the Piutes? How bout yooz guys?

Glenn

Glenn, might be do-able. My knee is getting better fairly quick, but I don't know when it will be good to go yet. Hopefully by then. Also, I gotta check my valves to make sure they haven't closed down again after our last little ride weekend. (They're on their last legs). So.....I guess that's a big iffy maybe. LOL Keep me informed.

bp

I'm not trying to nag, but...I do beleve you can never be well enough prepared to ride the Piutes, or any other long loop you can think of. Ask Bill P how much crap he carries around.( Yoda of Boyscouts ) he is. :D