Most miles on DRZ

30,000 sounds good, what have you had to do to keep it going that long? Anything Major? I hope mine goes that far.

Stator went out recently, some have gone much sooner.

CS nut spun itself loose and puked oil from the seal @ about 10,000.

Keep an eye on it and use the loctite fix recommended here.

Try a search for CS nut, or something similar.

Other then that no issues, still pulling strong. I change the oil, a lot.

You are already @ 15,000, must be doing something right. :banghead:

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

27,000 miles on my first DRZ, an '03. Then the stator went, pulling the RR with it. A bad repair was done, which ended up giving me a great deal on a new one.

So, I picked up an '06 last July, which now has 22,000 miles on it. And the stator has failed again, but this time I was watching for it, so I caught the trouble early. The new stator should be in this week -- warranty, dontcha know! -- and I'll do the work myself. If they insist at the dealer to do the work, I will take it apart after and check over everything.

Most of my miles are travel miles, and I change the oil about every 2000 miles. When I'm on the road, I change the filter every other oil change. At home, usually every oil change.

Seems a couple of you guys are having problems with stators.... What goes wrong with them, and how can we avoid it?

Btw: i'm running my 03 S (bought brand new in 04) just over 5000 km.. I know, that's not much!!

The only excuse I got is that I am in the Army, and we often go out on couple month exercises that shorten my riding season !

Seems a couple of you guys are having problems with stators.... What goes wrong with them, and how can we avoid it?

Btw: i'm running my 03 S (bought brand new in 04) just over 5000 km.. I know, that's not much!!

The only excuse I got is that I am in the Army, and we often go out on couple month exercises that shorten my riding season !

The bolts holding down my starter clutch backed out and knocked out the the stator. Could be that someone at factory Japan is not using any locking agent on these bolts.