January 07 Dirt Bike

I believe this has already been mentioned and I'm sure some other people have seen in emails to "Riders Write", but I thought I would share the email I sent to them. I didn't want to sound too negative, thinking I stand a better chance or someone else would stand a better chance of having a Husky response printed later.

Here is my email:

On page 36 of the January 2007 mag, you are talking about the new street legal KTM 450 EXC. Next to one of the photographs you say, "The wait is over. An amazing off-road vessel that is street legal in all 50 states."

I am not saying the KTM isn't a great bike, but to treat it as if it is the first bike of this type to the be introduced to the market would be wrong. Husqvarna beat KTM to the line with their 2006 TE line. Not only do they offer a 450 and a 510, they also offer a 250, which if I have been told properly, KTM does not offer a street legal 250.

I am not trying to say bad things about KTM, but I feel that the article was incorrect as it protrayed the EXC as the first bike of that type to the market. I think Husqvarna deserves more credit and maybe a little bit more coverage in your magazine.

Respectfully,

Dan Anes

Cathedral City, CA.

• Like 1

Pretty sure that was a similar headline to the one they used when the Husky was tested (2006 TE).

Let it go guys.................

The Husky is the Rodney Dangerfield of Motorcycles.

Oh, and don't hold your breath waiting for them to test '07's..........

Great well written e-mail without bashing.

I'm sure Lewis will have a smart ass reply

X2

That is, if he (or the editor of the magazine if other than dr) does reply. I'm sure they get letters of similar nature quite frequently, since they have been known to mislead from time to time.

Tom Web runs the show over @ dirt bike, I have talked to him about Huskys, I went to Baja with him, he wrote a article about me and my wife in Baja, any way he said that they have tryed to get Huskys to test in the mag and can't get any motorcycle from a dealer for very long or at all. But he was very impressed with my 06 te610.

Sethro

Tom Web runs the show over @ dirt bike, I have talked to him about Huskys, I went to Baja with him, he wrote a article about me and my wife in Baja, any way he said that they have tryed to get Huskys to test in the mag and can't get any motorcycle from a dealer for very long or at all. But he was very impressed with my 06 te610.

Sethro

Dealers do not supply Magazines with Bikes, Husqvarna Corporate does.

Webb seems fairly "in to it" as far as Offroad, I saw him at the 100's National near the starting line and that may have turned into an article if I am not mistaken, something about his buddy doing the Race?

Nice Avatar DANO!!!!

Go CHIEFS!!!!!?:confused: :confused:

(sorry but it's been a long time for us suffering Chief fans!):eek:

Hey thanks Steve....I am definately a minority here in SoCal, but I'm very proud of my team (and outspoken). Hopefully they do well in the playoffs this year!!!:crazy:

I still haven't heard anything back from the Dirt Bike

Dealers do not supply Magazines with Bikes, Husqvarna Corporate does.

Webb seems fairly "in to it" as far as Offroad, I saw him at the 100's National near the starting line and that may have turned into an article if I am not mistaken, something about his buddy doing the Race?

sorry u r wrong on this one, corp. did not have any so they were trying to get one from dealer, finally did and it was a sold unit so they had to give it back. Husky corp works a little differant then the jap corps.Course thats just what Tom told me so you r probly right,?

Sethro

sorry u r wrong on this one, corp. did not have any so they were trying to get one from dealer, finally did and it was a sold unit so they had to give it back. Husky corp works a little differant then the jap corps.Course thats just what Tom told me so you r probly right,?

Sethro

orly.jpg

"Namedropper alert !"

Not to sound like I know it all because I dont, Husky supplies bikes to a preparation guy up north of us in the next county here in Ca. Can't remember the guys name off top of my head, but he is AzToms, adult son. When Husky gives him magazine bikes, he preps them for test shoots. Husky doesn't supply many because they are selling like crazy now.

From my own personal experience on this subject, Husky USA usually doesn't ask dealers to supply bikes for Mag tests. Husky USA/Cagiva USA needs more Indians to take on the work load for the USA operation. Right now Rob Kieth handles most of the USA effort himself with all the Husky dealers under him (80+ at last count). He has a staff of I think six workers and one secretary that assist him in all Husky related matters here for the USA.

One day, the distributor (FBF) and Cagiva will free up more money to hire more workers. Until then, what you see is what you get.?