Has anyone used Trials Tires

Ive seen riders use them for Enduro Cross and just read an article that they are great in the woods. Any feed back would be appreciated.

I've used one and will throw it on from time to time. Up here in Western WA we pretty much deal with wet slimy roots and rocks 8 months out of the year and I was totally impressed with it's performance. I bought one of the cheaper Bias Ply IRC tires and it still worked real well, infact I won my first Hare Scrambles while running one:thumbsup:

I have an IRC that I swap on and off from time to time. it sticks like glue. Its perfect for everything. It has a very different feel when you are turning at speed. It also doesn't like to break loose. It never fails, it just feels different. Traction, traction , traction !!!

I give it a big thumbs up!

I say go for it. You'll probably never go back.

I have tried several brands, the Pirelli MT-43 is the best for trail/single track riding in my opinion, it has no wallow that they others suffer from, I run it at 6-8psi.

I will never use a knobby again, I have 1500kms on the MT-43 on my bike at the moment.

ive been considering giving one a go.....but the harsh rocky terrain that i ride gives me pause. So far ive opted to continue using hard-terrain knobbies, if only for the peace of mind that the STIFF/TOUGH sidewall gives me.

pinch flats are no fun when you are 20 miles from the trucks.

on another note, this months dirtrider mag has an article on trials tires for trail use.

ive been considering giving one a go.....but the harsh rocky terrain that i ride gives me pause. So far ive opted to continue using hard-terrain knobbies, if only for the peace of mind that the STIFF/TOUGH sidewall gives me.

pinch flats are no fun when you are 20 miles from the trucks.

on another note, this months dirtrider mag has an article on trials tires for trail use.

That's why I use the MT-43, it has very stiff side walls and grips better then any knobbie.

Harsh rocky terrain, where do trials bikes ride?:bonk:

The only flat I have ever had was with a knobbie on.

I am with Greg. I have a Dunlop D803 trials tyre. It provides unbelievable grip, but I have shredded mine a bit, from doing about 100km's on the road. This was a big mistake.

There is alot of interest/deebate here in Australia regarding the use of trials tyres on dirtbikes. The biggest hurdle that most people seem to need to overcome, it that they look a bit strange:ride:

On our local Aussie forum, www.dirtbikeworld.net, 10 guys have just done a bulk purchase of the MT43 tyre, so there should be some good feedback forthcoming. Greg has used many different tyres and has provided excellent feedback. My next trial tyre will be the Pirelli.

I am with Greg. I have a Dunlop D803 trials tyre. It provides unbelievable grip, but I have shredded mine a bit, from doing about 100km's on the road. This was a big mistake.

So road riding really shreds them's. Is it dot ratted?

won't work, they are not radial and no power is transmitted to the front wheel.

Holy sh!t!!! Brought tears to my eyes! I haven't laughed that hard since I read the thread in the XR forum titled "KTM525 vs XR400"!!

You guys have to stop - you're killing me here!!

Holy sh!t!!! Brought tears to my eyes! I haven't laughed that hard since I read the thread in the XR forum titled "KTM525 vs XR400"!!

You guys have to stop - you're killing me here!!

What's your point? I'm sure a lot of us here, myself included, have little knowledge of trials equipment, so I'd say it was an honest question.

What's your point? I'm sure a lot of us here, myself included, have little knowledge of trials equipment, so I'd say it was an honest question.

You misunderstand, my son. I'm not reacting to the trials tires - that's valid info - I'm reacting to gregwr450f's hilarious remark, as I'm sure he intended it. Taking my comment out of context from the quote I provided leads you to your erroneous understanding of what I said. A text without a context is a pretext. Include the whole message next time.:bonk:

• 3 months later...