Six dollars and sixty minutes...tailight mod how to

I like the edge, but Im on a budget. I also like working on my bike myself so after seeing some of the other efforts people have come up with for a tailight mod I made a bracket that is similar to the edge bracket, mounts in the factory location and uses the factory hardware. I just used sheet metal, and I folded it and riveted where the blinkers mount to give it strength. The taillight is DOT legal I got it at walmart for $6 its kinda cheap in quality but it is the right size and shape. I may replace it with a chris products one if it breaks. It uses the same bulb as the factory light so it should be as bright. I followed my bike the other day on the trail and i could see the tailight in bright sun so I should be able to see the brakelight even better. I coated the bracket with rubberized under coating for corrosion resistance (it was galvanised also)

The whole assembly is super sturdy, I've had it on for about 3 weeks mostly commuting with no issues (one off road excursion in some rocky terrain and one get off in same said rocky terrain)

LMK what you think good or bad :excuseme:?

Old tailight

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=43921

New tailight

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75304

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75305

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75306

view from below

garage.php?do=viewattachment&attachmentid=75307

• Like 7

Thanks guys

I didnt take pics of the bracket before install but its similar in shape to the edge bracket but with a spot to mount the blinks. If you model it along the lines of the stock mount its easy enough to do !!!!