Beta

Out of the exotics forum, Beta finds its own home on TT.

3,341 topics in this forum

• 2,644 replies
    • 1,269 replies
    • 1,512 replies
    • 888 replies
    • 89 replies
    • 247 replies
    • 64 replies
    • 21 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 61 replies
    • 151 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 21 replies

• Featured Content

Cheers to Cusco
    Peter Weiss is a name in the Hard Enduro world that you have most likely heard of. This is the guy that gets contracted by race organizations to build hard enduro race tracks. Look him up sometime...He has a long list of great race courses under his belt. In addition he does enduro schools and exhibitions that usually accompany his travels to various parts of the world. While Peter was in Peru laying out the route for the El Inka Hard Enduro, he wanted to come out to Cusco and do some tourism stuff as well as pack a couple of good days of riding into his schedule. It was ON! This is what its like to ride the Andes with a pro! I don't always have the chance to ride with pro level riders like Peter. What I like about it most is that I get a chance to stretch my ability by trying new things. I can't take big risks when riding solo, which is what I do most of the time. So Peter shows up and my buddy Alex and I decide to show him some of what the Andes are all about. Big mountains that stretch up to the 16,000 ft mark just behind my house. He was stoked to give it a go. We rode for two days, covered a bunch of types of terrain, and returned home with huge smiles on our faces.  I will let the video do the talking. This guy likes the routes tight and crazy...He got what he wanted!   Keep your eyes out for Peter Weiss. He puts down some killer GPS tracks for a number of races in South America and other parts of the world.  Check out The El Inka Hard Enduro(ZICK is the race organization) in Peru which takes place around the beginning of December. Peter's route this past race left only a small handful to reach the finish line... Mario Roman took home the prize. I always look forward to riding with Peter.  If you get a chance to take part in an enduro school of his, you won't be disappointed. Enjoy the video and make sure to follow this blog so you can stay tuned to what's happening in the enduro world of Peru...   Wheels down, Scottiedawg Scott Englund of MotoMission Peru is a social entrepreneur who puts together hard enduro tours in the Andes of Peru. Feel free to contact Scott via this blog, or catch up with him on Facebook at MotoMission Peru. Also, you can see all of his tour videos and more on the official MotoMission Peru Dirtbike Adventures channel on Youtube.      
    Posted by scottiedawg on Jan 18, 2018

Rhino USA Digital & Analog Tire Pressure Gauges
    I've been using both of these Rhino USA tire pressure gauges for a couple of months and really like them a lot. Both feel like good quality tools that will last with regular use and while they do a rather simple job well, it's the attention to detail and thoughtful features that make them stand out in of sea of options for this category. Case in point, when my family chose to evacuate for hurricane Irma last fall, I ended up checking the tire pressures on my heavily loaded down Chevy Tahoe in the dark wee hours of the morning. My previous digital tire gauge lacked the illuminated tip and backlit LCD readout of the digital Rhino USA unit, so I had to take a reading and walk around to the interior dome light to read each result. Not the end of the world, but when you're trying to beat literally millions of other refugees to the roads, having either of the Rhino gauges would have saved me time and frustration in that rush. I also appreciate how easy that the large backlit numbers of the digital gauge are to read for these 49 year old eyes. I need reading glasses for most smaller print, but not for either of the Rhino USA gauges. If you're like me, when you need your reading glasses, they are nowhere to be found! The Rhino USA digital tire pressure gauge illuminated tip and large backlit LCD readout make using it in low light conditions a breeze. The digital unit is compact, very light weight, has an ergo grip design, and operates with a single push button trigger that allows you to cycle through readouts in psi, bar, kpa, and kg/cm. After approx. 30 seconds, the unit will automatically turn itself off, so there is no way to kill the battery by accidentally leaving it on. The analog unit has an easy-to-read 2" readout that glows brightly when exposed to light for just a few seconds. The gauge head is protected with a rubber ring that looks like a gear, giving you a good non-slip place to hold it as well as absorbing shock if you accidentally drop it. The cloth braided rubber filler tube uses brass fittings on both ends that swivel 360 degrees, so in combination with a 45 degree tip fitting, it's easy to get it squarely on your tire's schrader valve fitting without leaking air or the gauge tube binding up. Actual photo of how the Rhino USA analog tire pressure gauge glows (taken with a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active cell phone). Finally, Rhino USA backs up their product with a lifetime warranty and this is huge for tools, something that you can use pretty much forever. Some things you're better off buying once and for me, tools fall into that category. I didn't find any deficiencies using either product and with rather affordable price points on both units, I'm happy to give them five stars. Good job Rhino USA.  Rhino USA analog tire pressure gauge. More info and products @ https://www.rhinousainc.com/
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Jan 15, 2018

• Popular Now