690 Enduro R

Big dirt bike or small adventure bike? Yes! These big bore thumpers are up for anything and a ton of fun to ride! This forum is shared with the Husqvarna 701 Enduro/Supermoto.

64 topics in this forum

• 42 replies
    • 38 replies
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 4 replies
    • 58 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 34 replies
    • 8 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 3 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 24 replies
    • 43 replies
    • 10 replies
    • 2 replies

• Featured Content

Alpinestars TECH 7 ENDURO BOOT
    The Tech 7 Enduro boot features a specifically engineered, compound sole to provide Enduro riders superior durability, grip, feel and levels of structural rigidity. This CE certified boot promotes core stability and flex via a biomechanical pivot while offering excellent ankle protection. The boot chassis has been designed to give complete feel and optimized interaction with bike controls, while the innovative buckle system allows easy, precise closure.  Upper constructed from innovative microfiber material that is flexible and abrasion resistant. Upper material is reinforced with PU for high levels of water-resistance and durability and improved weight-saving performance. • Specifically designed compound sole provides ATV and Enduro riders superior durability, grip, feel and a high level of structural rigidity. The sole and footpeg insert are replaceable. • Alpinestars developed TPU shin plate and medial protection are constructed from one single part for greater structural integrity and stability. The anatomically profiled shin plate features a dual closure system with an internal microfiber flap attached with Velcro® for a precise fit closure while the rugged and durable shin plate attached securely with a precision adjustable buckle. • Wide entry aperture for convenience and allows broad ranging calf fit adjustment and support. • The TPU medial side panel incorporates an advanced honeycomb rubber insert and is designed for excellent grip against the bike while guarding against impact. • Innovative buckle closure system includes high-impact aluminium bridge closures, with memory settings and a quick release/locking system with self-aligning design for easy, precise closure and improved riding performance. All buckles are replaceable. • Contoured calf protector plate is injected with high modulus polymer for impact resistance and incorporates Alpinestarsメ developed blade flex system for greater precision control and movement, added protection for heel and Achilles tendon and helps prevent hyperflexion. • New TPU ankle protection system incorporating a biomechanical link between the middle and bottom sections of the boot helping prevent damage to the leg by providing progressive force relief for torsional forces. • Redesigned instep and Achilles accordion flex zones construction for superior comfort, control and support. • Incorporating an innovative one-piece injected dual compound foot shell with co-injected hard toe protector and integrated steel shank. The shell is highly resistant to abrasion and impact, adds to the bootメs overall durability and improves bootメs streamlining. • Extended microfiber gaiter helps prevent excessive water and dirt entry. • Internal 3D lining includes anti-slide microfiber suede on the heel to help keep foot in position. • Soft foam reinforcement on ankles and collar for long lasting comfort and shock absorption. • New, dual compound, removable anatomic footbed includes EVA and Lycra top for comfort and support ensures even weight distribution and reinforced heel. • The Tech 7 boot is CE certified.
    Posted by Bryan Bosch on Oct 17, 2017

Marvin wins a Million and Eli leaves us wondering.
    The Monster Energy Cup is the most significant offseason race for 450 Supercross teams, allowing riders an opportunity to measure their progress with their existing team heading into the 2018 series.  And we can’t forget the million dollar grand prize to any rider who finishes first in all three main events.  For other riders like Justin Barcia, MEC is an audition for any future potential team exploring options.  The unfortunate truth is riders get hurt while preparing for Anaheim 1 in January.  If a team is in need of a last minute fill in, a standout MEC performance can move a rider to the top of the possible replacements list.   The MEC is unlike other Supercross races in format and track design.   Adding in a Joker’s Lane that Marvin admitted in the postrace press conference he forgot about in his first race.  Feld (the promoter) utilizes the Monster Cup as a trial to test format and track changes.  It also allows for amateurs who qualified via Loretta Lynn’s Amateur National a chance to race on a tamed down (highly debatable) Supercross track in front of thousands of spectators, live on TV.  While I enjoyed watching these kids take center stage I also wondered about the safety hazard of sending kids in the middle of puberty (makes them crazy and irrational) out on a track with such aggressive obstacles. The first couple of practices and qualifying sessions looked more like Russian Roulette than Supercross racing. The amateurs represent the epitome of “whatever it takes” and at such a young age unfortunately, some of them need to be protected from themselves.  With that said I thoroughly enjoy watching them show off their incredible talents, but am conflicted if this is good for them or if they are being exploited for entertainment purposes. It only took 7 years, but Marvin Musquin finally duplicated Ryan Villopoto’s inaugural MEC win.  Heading into the first main event the biggest threat to Marvin was Eli Tomac, but Eli went down hard in the first race and was unable to continue the rest of the night.  With Eli out, the race quickly became Musquin’s millions as he easily cruised through three wins to take home the million.  The only rider who appeared to be formidable competition was Jason Anderson.  Both Marvin and Jason train at the Baker’s Factory so it was difficult to imagine a pass from Anderson in the third main event, Anderson’s lap times reflected his lack of aggression.  Let me be clear though, I do NOT think Anderson gave Marvin the win however, if Blake Baggett was the rider going for the million dollars JA would have charged a little harder.  At the postrace press conference I asked Marvin what his thoughts were being “the man” heading into the offseason and in typical Marvin style he downplayed his ride.  He expressed it felt great but it really didn’t carry much weight when Anaheim rolls around.  What was more interesting was the look Jason Anderson shot me when I called Marvin “the man.”  Jason looked as though I had insulted his mother.  While I am sure he is happy for his teammate the truth is these guys don’t achieve the highest level of racing by accepting someone’s performance as better than them.  I suspect tension will come to a boil at the Baker’s Factory this offseason. Eli Tomac remains a mystery.  At times he would lay down a few sections looking like the fastest guy on earth but then he would follow up with a major mistake.  He has a few months to figure things out, but right now Marvin Musquin looks to be the favorite going into 2018.  We all know Ken Roczen says he will be at Anaheim 1 and according to Jeremy McGrath he looks very fast.  The MEC might have created more questions than answers heading into 2018.  Let the bench racing begin, we have a few months to debate and lock in our predictions for 2018.   Nobody was taking a knee during this National Anthem!  Great tribute to the victims of the Vegas shooting too.   After getting throttled by Stephane Roncada while testing out the new Supercross game I decided to sit back and learn.  Game will be released Feb 2018 and it is insanely realistic!
    Posted by Chris Cooksey on Oct 16, 2017