Sign in to follow this  

California Save Johnson Valley - Petition at Whitehouse.gov

Quote from Kim on Race-Dezert.com

The link below is for a petition to help save Johnson Valley OHV. We need a minimum of 25,000 signatures to force the administration to publicly address this issue. You will have to "create an account". It's fast and easy. Please get involved.

https://petitions.wh....ublic/5r0C7Xw4

we petition the Obama administration to:

Save the Johnson Valley OHV Area. Be fiscally responsible. Stop 29 Palms Marine base expansion. Keep public lands open.

With utmost respect for our nation’s military and national defense, we request our government deny any request by the US Marines to acquire 140K acres of public land designated for OHV use in Johnson Valley, CA for the purpose of expanding the 29 Palms Marine base. Expanding the world’s largest Marine base will cost tax payers millions and the Marines have publicly stated the land is only needed 2 months a year. Economic reports show neighboring communities and small businesses could lose $100 Million annually due to base expansion. The Marines current expansion plan is unnecessary and fiscally irresponsible. We request our government encourage the Marines to work with the public and obtain permits from the BLM to meet training objectives instead of closing this land to the public forever.

Created: Jan 15, 2013

Issues: Defense, Economy, Environment

Edited by WisdomRacing
  • Like 1

I don't get it, everyone should be signing this petition.....even if you don't ride there. You want everyone that rides JV to move over to your area you like? It's only up to a little over 7k in signatures and it needs to be at 17k. Come on!!!

• Like 3

I don't get it, everyone should be signing this petition.....even if you don't ride there. You want everyone that rides JV to move over to your area you like? It's only up to a little over 7k in signatures and it needs to be at 17k. Come on!!!

I made you go through all that just so you don't have to ride with me? I may just come and find you anyways so we can ride agAin!

Done!

• Like 2

Hey, all you butt lovers from Norcal need to get in on this to!!! Wiley, Slyco, Ruel, DW, Rabid NorCal, Ossidog......

COME ON..........

benStillerDoIt1.jpg

I made you go through all that just so you don't have to ride with me? I may just come and find you anyways so we can ride agAin!

Done!

I'm in anytime ..... Except the rest of this month LOL.. bad timing on everyone else's part, two funerals my triplet grandkids birthdays my oldest son's birthday, have to work Saturday and have poison oak from cutting firewood a week ago. My life for riding sucks right now. But let's plan on it come February !!!
  • Like 1

Petitions You Signed

Save the Johnson Valley OHV Area. Be fiscally responsible. Stop 29 Palms Marine base expansion. Keep public lands open.

8,747 Signatures

• Like 1

Done, I've ridden this area and even went right up to the boundry with the base, what a great area to ride.

• Like 1

Account: created

Petition: signed

Edited by rbernardi
  • Like 1