crf-230 jetting

Go to dealer ask for part #16012-kps-921 you will get the pilot,main and neddle you need. $20 ?

This part number will only get you a needle, clip, and bushing. You will need to get new main and pilot jets separately. A 135 main is used for around sea level and you will probably need to get a 45 pilot. :D

Hi mcneilden!

Don't know if it helped 4str but it sure did me! Great site! I ended-up taking off the tank and removing the carb. Much easier for us old guys when we can get in bi-focal range!! Pilot screw needed to be out 2 1/4 turns. Runs great, idles great and much better power. Thanks for the help!!

• 2 months later...

I have a stock CRF 230F that my wifes sister rides. I am going to keep the snorkel and the baffel in because I like it super quiet to mess around in the woods near my neihborhood. What jetting is best for this configuration. I am about 50 ft above sea level. It runs, but I'm sure it can run better. ?

Get the power up needle, get a 132 jet, the pilot doesn't need to be changed. Look at the mods I have on my bike and I have the stock pilot. If your throttle responce is good on the idle - 1/2 your pilot doesn't need to be changed. When you put the carb back on, turn the screw out 1 3/4 turns, that's about where it should be for about a 1000 ft. elevation riding.

Also, jetdave, removing the intake baffle on the airbox, doesn't make the bike any louder. Removing the exhaust baffle does.

I have a stock CRF 230F that my wifes sister rides. I am going to keep the snorkel and the baffel in because I like it super quiet to mess around in the woods near my neihborhood. What jetting is best for this configuration. I am about 50 ft above sea level. It runs, but I'm sure it can run better. :D

JetDave,

If you are not going to uncork it you should not get the power up kit. It's tuned to work with an uncorked bike. At sea level with stock I would try raising the needle one (lower the clip one) & buy a 105 main jet & a 108 main jet & see wich seems to give you the best top end. Your pilot jet will be fine & your probably ok with the pilot screw settings but if it's popping at idle turn the pilot screw out a 1/4 at a time till it stops.

Good luck! ?

If he takes out all the baffles, the jet needs to be a 132. I don't know what it would be if all the baffles and crap were in, but it sounds right. Try it out, Jets are like 3 bucks. If ya mess up, try try again.