My 2001 KX 250 build

I didn't drill and tap a hole in the triple clamps yet. Thats next on the list but I feel bad drilling into my Topar racing triple clamps that are sooo pretty ?

We are running the same pipe and curious why I needed to cut mine and you didn't. Do you have a 98-02 bike or something newer?

it's a 99ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458438105.943391.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458438126.392731.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458438141.110197.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1458438156.716151.jpg

Nice.. Not sure what's up with my set up. I am running a Acerbis '14 front fender and with what I cut off is about where yours is with no work. With big hits on the forks the front fender would hit the pipe and braking hard turning left/right would rub the pipe as well. Now that she is trimmed not a problem

Here is a zoom of how much I cut out of my front fender

image_zpsgr5ffgyu.png

Yes it's very close to rubbing the frame but the fender does not

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A little update... All the new plastics have arrived so the new graphics will be installed soon! Finally moving away from wrap around barkbusters and purchased Acerbis X-force for all the bikes. They arrive tomorrow and hopefully will get a test ride with them this weekend to see if I like them.

Been riding a lot and have been working on technique. Last night it was a single rut s turn track, damn it's hard to go fast and smooth through them.

image.jpg3_zpsb2brco2j.jpg

image_zpshtyb6a9o.jpeg

image_zpsqxzf5b18.jpeg

I should be packing up for a WEBE race this weekend in Farmington, New Mexico but instead I am racing a CORCS race in Pueblo, Colorado since my wife wants to try dirt bike racing. CORCS has a woman's beginner race on Saturday so I will be able to watch, help, cheer and make sure her first race experience is as fun as possible. Wish us luck.. I kinda hope she brings home hardware ?

• Like 1

Installed the new hand guards and love them.. I thought I used the full wrap barkbusters as a crutch for holding on but I do just fine without them.

T-minus 6 days til race day

Flipping a coin on Thursday to decide if I am going to race the KX or my KTM over the weekend.

Burning some pre mix tonight..

image_zpsllse19vz.jpeg

Sunlight ski resort peeking over my bars

image_zpsgw42raxh.jpeg

Installed the new hand guards and love them.. I thought I used the full wrap barkbusters as a crutch for holding on but I do just fine without them.

T-minus 6 days til race day

Flipping a coin on Thursday to decide if I am going to race the KX or my KTM over the weekend.

Burning some pre mix tonight..image_zpsllse19vz.jpeg

Sunlight ski resort peeking over my barsimage_zpsgw42raxh.jpeg

Nice example of a 01 KX250!

Are you running a standard clutch? I'm wondering if Rekluse makes anything for the 01 KX250.

• Like 1

Nice example of a 01 KX250!

Are you running a standard clutch? I'm wondering if Rekluse makes anything for the 01 KX250.

Thank you!

Standard clutch with a Magura Hydraulic instead of mechanical.

Yep the 3.0 is the only one they offer from Rekluse.

https://rekluse.com/product/exp-clutch-3-0/

There is also EFM

http://www.efmautoclutch.com/dirt.shtml

What bar are you running SMV?  Looks like a pretty high bend like I used to run on my 80/100's (obviously not the same though)

I am running the Pro Taper fatbar RC high. I used to be a fan on the Pastrana FMX bend but found the RC high is more suited for me.

http://www.renthal.com/shop/mx-products/handlebars/fatbar

• 2 weeks later...

SMV

That bike sure looks pretty .

Sitting in the garage!!!!! ?

Let's flog that thing around Debeque this weekend.  Should be good and muddy.  We can test the new parts on it.  Keep Bob in business...  You make it too pretty it may end up "missing" for a day or two!

SMV

That bike sure looks pretty .

Sitting in the garage!!!!! ?

Let's flog that thing around Debeque this weekend.  Should be good and muddy.  We can test the new parts on it.  Keep Bob in business...  You make it too pretty it may end up "missing" for a day or two!

HAHA

I would love to join you guys in Debeque but I am taking the wife to Florida for vacation on friday for a week. How about the week after?

Missing your old KX? Your fancy pants KTM 2 stroke sure looks nice as well.

• Like 1

HAHA

I would love to join you guys in Debeque but I am taking the wife to Florida for vacation on friday for a week. How about the week after?

Missing your old KX? Your fancy pants KTM 2 stroke sure looks nice as well.

No worries.  If you don't mind leave the bike in the garage while you are gone.  Please just ignore the scrapes and scratches and the bent pipe.  Might have a flat spot on the rim or two.  Nothing to be worried about.

• Like 2

No worries.  If you don't mind leave the bike in the garage while you are gone.  Please just ignore the scrapes and scratches and the bent pipe.  Might have a flat spot on the rim or two.  Nothing to be worried about.

wow!!! lucky me ? even better news for you, I am dropping her off at Bobs tonight so give her hell! lol

Woooohooooo!

Dropped off the bike for the new plastics,graphics, new frame guards, rear stainless steel brake line and new stainless steel front brake line with Cr routing tonight. Very very excited to see the results

If time prevails we will install the new Bridgestone X-30 front and X-40 rear tire but not totally needed yet.

I accidentally told my graphics guy that my front number plate was a stock 2014 KX450F instead of a 2014 KX450f cycra stadium plate so I ordered a 2014 stock front number plate so it will be right. He may send me the Cycra graphics later but hoping I can install the stock '14 plate with out much work

We will see......

• Like 1

Woooohooooo!

and new stainless steel front brake line with Cr routing tonight.

Did you use the 04-05 KX250F fork guards to achieve this? Direct bolt up pattern to our L series forks?

Sold husky and bought an RM. Modding it and once worthy it will be my summer bike while I remove and mod my KX motor. That's the plan anyway. :blah:

Did you use the 04-05 KX250F fork guards to achieve this? Direct bolt up pattern to our L series forks?

Sold husky and bought an RM. Modding it and once worthy it will be my summer bike while I remove and mod my KX motor. That's the plan anyway. :blah:

As of right now no we will not use the 04-05 KX250f fork guards. My wife's KX 100 has the same Ride Engineering kit I am using on my KX. My 2 cents I wasted money on buying the 250f fork gaurds and the Ride engineering kit will work.

Some pics of her fork gaurds with the ride engineering kit

image_zps6hj5swdt.jpeg

image_zpsbvu9nq4g.jpeg

image_zpslpbbo6jv.jpeg

What you bought an RM? You will never be happy with how the KX turns now... The RM corners the best in the industry

What's the plan for the RM?

Goal for your KX?

What you bought an RM? You will never be happy with how the KX turns now... The RM corners the best in the industry

What's the plan for the RM?

Goal for your KX?

KX turns OK but I won't know until the RM gets suspension done.

RM is my backup bike. Had a husky for that but issue after issue. I've wanted a 100% ready to go bike setup for me to replace the KX while the motor is pulled. I've also wanted the backup bike because I don't like missing rides. Only get out once or twice a month and to not have a machine ready is not an option.

Both bikes getting auto clutch, KX getting WR transmission, crank, crank bearings and new piston, RM motor is tight so no work needed there but it does need suspension unlike my KX. Both are woods bikes with tall seat and bars, handguards and all the usual body guard pieces. Neither will get 18s or a kickstand but I may buy new wheels for each.

• Like 1