Sign in to follow this  

Ohio 2013 Hanging Rock 200

It's not too early to start making plans and put the date on the calendar.

This year's 17th Hanging Rock 200 will be May 18 /19 at Lake Hope State Park. It is part of the AMA Husqvarna National Dual-Sport Series and AMA Yamaha Super Ténéré Adventure Riding Series. Saturday will have two routes. The first will be our traditional 100/110 mile dual sport trail ride. The second route will be a 140/150 mile adventure bike ride. Each route will have its own route sheet. Sunday's route will have a single 120/140 mile adventure bike ride.

Cabins are available at Lake Hope. The lodge that was under construction last year is finished and open for business. The dining room is open and the food is excellent.

As soon as the flyer is finished, I'll post it. For more information, contact Bill K at kaeppners@frontier.com or http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/.

I love the Hanging Rock 200 ride, I heard they have a very talented lay out crew!! :thumbsup:

The cabins are very reasonable. The club does have all the cabins on the loop pre reserved to make sure we are all mc riders.

It is very big fun! We will have some avalable for 2 nights (friday night, saturday night) Check out Sunday thought you can get an extra night if you wish.

Cabins are available at Lake Hope. The lodge that was under construction last year is finished and open for business. The dining room is open and the food is excellent.

As soon as the flyer is finished, I'll post it. For more information, contact Bill K at kaeppners@frontier.com or http://www.kaeppnerswoods.com/.

Day 2 Dual Sport Ride has been added to the Hanging Rock 200. There will be two route cards for Sunday, one for adventure bikes and one for dual sports. Ride format will be based on West Coast Style Dual Sport rides.

Edited by estube

Finally, all the downed trees have been cleared off the trails. Now the real fun begins, riding everything and putting together the route sheet.

Day 2 has a Dualsport route card that has more of the x roads that used to be used on the "old time" enduros. They were tough stuff with a 3 inch suspension, still fun but easier with 10 inches. The moss covered rocks do not care about how long a suspension you have. We will have single track trails too and knobbies will be needed. We did just pick up an additional 7 + miles of trail so Sunday is even more interesting than just a week ago!!!

• Like 1

Attention Adventure Bike Guys:

A good sturdy adventure tire suitable for gravel roads is a must. If your tire is happy with gravel and you are happy with it fine. Saturday has no "dirt roads" .

Sunday does have "dirt roads". The four dirt road sections have grade elevation changes. The two with the most change are going down hill so you will not get stuck easily, you would have to work at it. yes if you aren't very good you can fall down (your buddies will take pictures and post themyelrotflmao.gif).

If it is raining or just rained dirt going up or down gets "muddy" eekers.gif. Southern Ohio mud is slippery. Yes there will be by passes.

Do you know if we are going through the tunnel on Sat (want to know if I should get my headlight working or not)

Just two days until the Hanging Rock 200. Don't forget, the Dual Sport is a two day event as is the Adventure Ride.

Do you know if we are going through the tunnel on Sat (want to know if I should get my headlight working or not)

On Sunday the Adventure riders will have the option of going thru the old RR tunnel

Edited by estube

Friday: 7-9:00pm

Saturday: 7:00am

Sunday: 7:00am