Service manuals for 150F and 230F, complete PDFs

Ok, so I've been working on this for a while now, and its all done and ready to share. Like most of us, I have been on the search for a good PDF version of a service manual for these bikes, and haven't found anything good. All google searches led to this forum, where Airmaxx23 originally posted. Airmaxx23 was kind enough to scan most of the pages in the manual, and provide them all to us, but I wanted to take that work and step it up a notch. The PDF's I am sharing with everyone are as complete as I can make them without having an actual manual to scan myself. I took all of Airmaxx23's scans and enhanced them in Photoshop. All pages are level, B&W, and in one complete PDF. To further make this PDF more useful, I've created a bookmarks panel, which is essentially a table of contents for the whole manual. This makes navigating the manual much easier. These manuals do not contain every single page in the book, but most are there. If anyone wants to scan the missing pages and get them to me, I can make this manual 100% complete. Anyways, check them out and tell me what you think.

Hey guys... This is Bryan Bosch, TT Admin. Unfortunately, part of my job is being the bad guy sometimes and now is a time. I had to remove the links to the manuals.

Why? Simply put, they are copyrighted materials and since this topic was brought to my attention, I have a legal and ethical obligation to address the issue by removing them.

We just cannot accept any liability, should the copyright holder decide to go after the OP and ThumperTalk. So, the best way to avoid this liability is to not allow.

Some of you may not like that, but I don't make the laws, but as a business owner, I must comply. If the OP gets permission from Honda to distribute, we'll gladly allow.

Bryan

Edited by Bryan Bosch

Thanks for all your work on this. Much appreciated.

Thanks, these are some great quality pdf's.

I went ahead and got the 230 version even though I have a paper copy just cause its nice to have the digital copy.

I will note the 230 version isn't searchable. I had to check cause that would be awesome.

Thanks for the long hard work of copying these for us.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. Great work.

Tim

Nice work dude. I have the other copy downloaded but it is a little out of order. Your version will make printing the rest of it out easier. Trying to print double sided prints got confusing when it was not in order.

You're welcome to those who have thanked me. I spent many, many hours in front of my computer screen to make this happen. I appreciate the gratitude and feedback is always welcome. I'm glad everyone is finding these useful.

Thanks, these are some great quality pdf's.

I will note the 230 version isn't searchable. I had to check cause that would be awesome.

When you say searchable, do you mean not searchable for text (as in using the "find" tool)? If so, that is because each page of the PDF is essentially an image, and the find tool can only search for text. And I can't make that happen because I would have to make the PDF from scratch. That's a benefit of getting official PDFs from the manufacturers, they're usually professionally produced.

If you mean searchable, as in using the bookmarks I made, then please try downloading the 230F version again. Shortly after I posted this, I realized the bookmarks were screwed up on the 230F version. That issue is now resolved and good to go.

Nice work dude. I have the other copy downloaded but it is a little out of order. Your version will make printing the rest of it out easier. Trying to print double sided prints got confusing when it was not in order.

I noticed that too, drove me crazy. That was one of many reasons I just had to fix these.

When you say searchable, do you mean not searchable for text (as in using the "find" tool)? If so, that is because each page of the PDF is essentially an image, and the find tool can only search for text. And I can't make that happen because I would have to make the PDF from scratch. That's a benefit of getting official PDFs from the manufacturers, they're usually professionally produced.

If you mean searchable, as in using the bookmarks I made, then please try downloading the 230F version again. Shortly after I posted this, I realized the bookmarks were screwed up on the 230F version. That issue is now resolved and good to go.

Yeah I was talking text. I didn't know exactly how making a PDF version of the manual works. Thanks for making the bookmarks and putting so much work into it. I wasn't complaining in even the slightest!! I just wanted to try the search.

I have bought the paper version of this manual a long time ago as it has proved to be well beyond worth its value and I strongly suggest for anyone that is going to do engine work or suspension work to have this manual to make life so much easier and prevent rework or even worse damaging new parts you installed incorrectly because lack of a manual.

Will this manual be the same for my 2006 CRF230F? If not any link for my year? :p thanks for any help.

Awesome thanks!

Well that was short lived. I don't see how this post was different than the 1st one, but hey... I'm not "the man". Oh well. Thanks while it lasted.

Well that was short lived. I don't see how this post was different than the 1st one, but hey... I'm not "the man". Oh well. Thanks while it lasted.

It was better quality. :rolleyes: