rear brake problem 02crf450r

so my rear brakes have been acting up lately. seems as if i have to pump them a few times to get them to work. ive bled them out and seems to be no air in the lines but i cant figure out why there not working properly. any ideas?

are you sure all of the air is out of them? take the rear caliper off and move it to about seat height and bleed them that way. you may have some air somewere in the system . you may need a friend to help you to do this. make sure your m/c is filled up . it can sometimes be hard to get all the air out of them, the pistons are not that big.

are you sure all of the air is out of them? take the rear caliper off and move it to about seat height and bleed them that way. you may have some air somewere in the system . you may need a friend to help you to do this. make sure your m/c is filled up . it can sometimes be hard to get all the air out of them, the pistons are not that big.

thanks ill have to try that. cuz i bled them filled them up and bled them but ive had no luck.

there may be a bit somewhere. i know my front brake was a b!tch to get pressure back in the lever. they really are a horrible design for trying to bleed them.

Jeff,

Back in '02, Honda had few get through that had faulty seals in the master cylinder of the rear brake. This happened to mine. I ordered and installed the rebuild kit and all was perfect. The symptoms were if you stabbed the rear brake quick, it would work ok; if you gradually pressed it, it wouldn't build pressure as the piston/seal would leak..... Hope this helps

Also check the line itself. does it expand/contract when pressure is applied to it? The rear brake is usually very easy and quick to bleed so check line and the seals as MED mentioned