cali gets too many sx

i was watching the sx today and i was shocked at how many empty seats there were. i mean the whole lower section (on tv) were just about empty. a few people here and there. watch the other rounds its packed all over the place even up high. i think they should spread the love to other states and sell the seats. cali gets too many as it is so people don't go to everyone of them. colorado needs one!!!! or even somewhere in mid west. just saying.... anyone else notice this?

I can see it now

Stewie blows out his other knee because Doshi insists on a snocross in one of Denver's open air stadiums

Invesco Field does not allow events like that. I think Denver would have one if they did. They used to at that smaller arena?

Invesco Field does not allow events like that. I think Denver would have one if they did. They used to at that smaller arena?

Both the baseball and football fields signed it in there lease that they wouldn't have any Motorsports due to the irrigation under the field. But they used to have them at old mile high.

• Like 3

Both the baseball and football fields signed it in there lease that they wouldn't have any Motorsports due to the irrigation under the field. But they used to have them at old mile high.

I thought it was the Coliseum that held the races?

Hard to say if other states would do much better attendance wise?

i disagree with you 100% other states would do well with them. cali is the mx capital and can't do it only because they are all within a month. (imo)

right... i know they do but it would still be nice! i didn't think that coors field did that. i know that sports authority field has that. and like i said, even if its not here.... no reason cali should have the whole west coast rounds and its clear by the attendance that a change needs to be made. i think they are just too close to each other as far as time. i mean to drop a couple 100$$ for a family to go in less than a month 2 times is kinda hard. maybe if they did the seattle or utah rounds and then come back to the other a2 and what not? i know its nice for the teams to just go a couple hundred miles to the next round but geeezzz that was really bad. Edited by T-Doshi9

Things I'd like to see in SX:

1 - No more East west coast 250 racing. Make it all one series for the 250 guys like the 450s. I think the racing will be significantly better, plus it will be better development for the riders when they move to the 450s since they will have experienced a wider variety of dirt. Plus, the 250 outdoor series isnt separated, so why separate the 250 SX class?

2 - No more multiple rounds at Anaheim. Move one of the races to a different west coast venue, and one to an east coast venue. Perhaps have two rounds at Atlanta instead since that race yields the highest attendance of all rounds, and often has some of the best racing in the series.

3 - I think track design needs a little more work. I'd really like to see some more tracks like around 2002-2003 where the lanes had multiple options as far as the jumps. Many of the tracks today seem a little too one-lined.

4 - I would love to see the 250 2T be allowed in the 250F class. That's probably wishful thinking though.

• Like 2

I've heard this too, its unfortunate that certain markets are locked out due to stadium contracts, but that is the world we live in today.

• Like 1

Things I'd like to see in SX:

1 - No more East west coast 250 racing. Make it all one series for the 250 guys like the 450s. I think the racing will be significantly better, plus it will be better development for the riders when they move to the 450s since they will have experienced a wider variety of dirt. Plus, the 250 outdoor series isnt separated, so why separate the 250 SX class?

2 - No more multiple rounds at Anaheim. Move one of the races to a different west coast venue, and one to an east coast venue. Perhaps have two rounds at Atlanta instead since that race yields the highest attendance of all rounds, and often has some of the best racing in the series.

3 - I think track design needs a little more work. I'd really like to see some more tracks like around 2002-2003 where the lanes had multiple options as far as the jumps. Many of the tracks today seem a little too one-lined.

4 - I would love to see the 250 2T be allowed in the 250F class. That's probably wishful thinking though.

1.now you also have to remember that the travel for everyone is big. so to move one of the rounds to atlanta and then back to the west coast is hard.

2. AGREE

3. i think they are doing very good this year. seems to have good passing lines and diff rhythms to them.

4. keep wishing (but i agree)

I've been to A1 and A2 already but I agree A3 is a bit much. A1 looked pretty packed and A2 wasn't. I think I heard 37k in attendance when maybe 50k or so is full. Most of the empty seats were in level 1 where you are too low to follow the race or in the highest level possible.

I think they should split off Anaheim with the second race going to the Fontana Speedway. That is closer to where all the pro tracks are and where a lot of the pros live. I think it might draw more fans from the inland empire and High Desert. Maybe they could set the track up kind of like Daytona with all the extra space.

Maybe they should drop Dodger stadium and replace it with a race somewhere else in the country. A lot of people I know just consider Anaheim for supercross races and not Dodger stadium. It's kind of hidden and more difficult to get in and out of and the surrounding area is not packed with restaurants and attractions like Anaheim.

Didn't pay much attention to the stands, but honestly I think they'd sell a lot more tickets if they lowered the price. Those lower section tickets are easily over $100 each. I'm still considering a trip to A3 but it'll be nosebleed seats at ~$25 each if I decide to go.

i disagree with you 100% other states would do well with them. cali is the mx capital and can't do it only because they are all within a month. (imo)

I just said it would be hard to predict. What west coast states do you believe would do well? Have to factor in whether their stadiums are open or not, and if they are open many states might just be too cold? What's the population? Etc.

Idk I just think they wouldn't do it unless they felt California was their best option that's all. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a Supercross in places like Denver.

I just said it would be hard to predict. What west coast states do you believe would do well? Have to factor in whether their stadiums are open or not, and if they are open many states might just be too cold? What's the population? Etc.

Idk I just think they wouldn't do it unless they felt California was their best option that's all. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see a Supercross in places like Denver.

+1 I would love to see an SX event in the northeast as well. But the reality is that Cali dwarfs everywhere else. And I am sure the vendors are real happy keepin the "excitement" where the real volume sales are.