2011 KX450F w/ Timbersled Mountain Horse

I promised that I would upload some footage once I created some. My camera was malfunctioning at the end of the ride so I missed A LOT of great footage so I decided just to use the little bit that I had. So far the KX450F has been an absolute animal. I had the map switched over to the "sand" setting and the power is just insanely explosive. The Dobeck Gen4 fuel controller is closed loop and keeps my AFR's at 13 all day long no matter what the conditions or altitude. Big thumbs up to the Rekluse on the snow.... it's a must have. All in all... I love my bike 10x's more on the snow than on the dirt.

Edited by Mefesto

Did you see the KX500 AF vs KX 450 timbersled hill climb shootout? The 500 is the way to go for sure. Still looks fun, not so sure for the money.

I was the one filming that video. Randy (the KX500AF) is my riding partner. It rips! But that KX450 doesn't run as strong as mine.... it's close but I pull away from him.

Thats cool, sounds like the guy with that 450 needs you to hook him up!!!!

I promised that I would upload some footage once I created some. My camera was malfunctioning at the end of the ride so I missed A LOT of great footage so I decided just to use the little bit that I had. So far the KX450F has been an absolute animal. I had the map switched over to the "sand" setting and the power is just insanely explosive. The Dobeck Gen4 fuel controller is closed loop and keeps my AFR's at 13 all day long no matter what the conditions or altitude. Big thumbs up to the Rekluse on the snow.... it's a must have. All in all... I love my bike 10x's more on the snow than on the dirt.

Was it the Dobeck Gen4 fuel controller that had the "sand setting on it? Looking into getting the dyno jet fuel fuel controller but I don't know what kind of pre-set setting it has.

I was thinking about taking my rekluse out of my 2011 KX450F when I go to the dunes this summer and switch back to a stock clutch. What are your thoughts on that? Totally different climate than the snow though.

Hrm... for some reason TT isn't emailing me when my topics are updated. Sorry for the late response!

As for the Dobeck... the bike already had the timing changed over to the sand setting by my local dealer before adding the Dobeck. What I've noticed is a reduction in fuel use and far less being added to the oil. The fuel-to-oil issue is something that is unique to snowbikers since our engine temps suffer from having freezing snow blasting the aluminum case all day long. Keeping engine temps up is a constant struggle even with thermostats. Also, the bike has almost zero popping/stuttering from changing altitude and temperature all day long. We generally start at 3,000ft and ride around 6,500 - 7,000ft. I took the bike to Cooke City and rode 10,500ft like it was sea level without any modification to the Dobeck controller. I really like it and it pegs my desired AFR always.

As with the Rekluse... I have no idea why you would want to ditch it for the sand. I would agree that it would be less of a "help" in the sand since you are on longer single gear pulls (just like us snowbikers), but for me having an almost kill-proof bike is worth a lot. While the Rekluse isn't mandatory in any environment, I consider it a mandatory luxury... if you are going to spend the coin it's something worthwile. For me I'm expecting to enjoy the Rekluse a lot more when I take my track off and put my tires back on for the gnarly single track we have here in Montana. Almost all of it is tight rocky or tree'd terrain that you barely get out of first gear for.

Edited by Mefesto

Hmm... maybe I'll just leave the rekluse in for my first dune trip and see how it goes, i can always switch for the second one. Maybe swap out the friction plates with new ones. It is nice to not stall all the time on the single track because of the low rpm.

What other mods do you have done to your bike.? Exhaust ect. I have a 10 450 I have about 100 hours on with the snow bike kit and would like more reliable power. Did the sand setting make a big differance or did you run the bike stock? Just don't want to drop 500 bucks for a small gain. Also how often should a person replace the pistons on these bikes used for snow bikes??i read some replacing there's every 50 hours. What's your plans... Thank

That is a bad-ass bike!

Can you post a picture / description of how you mounted your AFR gauge?