Help with repacking muffler?

I decided the repack the muffler on my 2012 crf250r. I got the rivets out and the front end of the muffler off but the core will not come out. The core is stuck in the rear part of the can where the whole is in the back of the bike. Because there is the factory dent in the bottom of the can I cant pull the core out. Any tips? Let me know if I should post a picture. Thanks

I know this thread is old, but I just needed to vent.  Yesterday I disassembled the OEM muffler from my 2004 CFR250R that I recently acquired from the original owner.  The hour meter read 54 hours and it sounded loud, so I figured now would be a good time to repack it since I doubt the original owner did anything with it.  I was confident that I knew how to disassemble it but it was still a pain.

After removing the rivets, I used a MAPP gas torch to heat up the seam and then a punch & hammer to remove the inner pipe assembly.  Whatever industrial strength adhesive is used during assembly makes it a real pain to disassemble.  As you might imagine, the aluminum muffler parts no longer look as good as before disassembly since I had to use a punch & hammer to get them apart.  I am not too concerned about that.  I will however have to spend some time getting the parts back to a level where they will fit back together.

After the fact, I did look at the Honda service manual.  There description is comical: "Pull out the inner pipe assembly".  They make it seem like you can just pull out that assembly with your hands, but I am not sure how that would be possible.

The next time will hopefully be easier since I will not be using the industrial strength adhesive that was originally used.

I noticed that as well. It's supposed to be serviceable, and they 'cemented' the darn thing together :-(

Well, my reassembly project went bad in a hurry.  Goodbye OEM Honda muffler, and hello FMF slipon.