Will I need to re-jet with this exhaust setup?

I currently have a drz400s with 3x3 mod and K&N air filter the rest of the bike is stock. I currently running a jd jet kit with25 pilot red needle clip #3 and 150 main and the bike runs great at my altitude. I am going to be putting on a 400e header with a yoshimura slip on. I am not sure if this will justify re jettin it or not. Any suggestions?

Edited by ryjay

Put the header on and see how it runs. If you get some flat spots you may have to up the main to a 155 I would think. Search your mods and see what others are running.

D

The E header is wider and the stock S exhaust is considered restrictive; My bet is you'll gain from going up two main jet sizes as DRZSMDUDE suggests.

I currently have a drz400s with 3x3 mod and K&N air filter the rest of the bike is stock. I currently running a jd jet kit with25 pilot red needle clip #3 and 150 main and the bike runs great at my altitude. I am going to be putting on a 400e header with a yoshimura slip on. I am not sure if this will justify re jettin it or not. Any suggestions?

So what is your riding altitude..?

So what is your riding altitude..?

I Ride 4000 feet to max 7000

as the above posters suggested increase the main jet to a 155...

I would use blue needle clip 3 if your mostly below 6000 ft