broken yz80 shifter shaft?

First post here on TT hope you guys can help me out.

my son broke the shifter shaft on his 97yz80. he didn't put it down or anything and I asked him if he was stomping on it but he said no. I'm hoping i can replace from the clutch side cover and not split the case????? hope so. Thanks John

First post here on TT hope you guys can help me out.

my son broke the shifter shaft on his 97yz80. he didn't put it down or anything and I asked him if he was stomping on it but he said no. I'm hoping i can replace from the clutch side cover and not split the case????? hope so. Thanks John

I only have experiance on the big yamaha's but on those you only have to pull the clutch cover and the clutch.. the basket gets in the way of removing it, which sucks because you really need an impact to remove the basket (the clutch spins if you try and do it by hand)

I only have experiance on the big yamaha's but on those you only have to pull the clutch cover and the clutch.. the basket gets in the way of removing it, which sucks because you really need an impact to remove the basket (the clutch spins if you try and do it by hand)

Thanks thats what I was hoping for.