Sign in to follow this  

500EXC LED tail light out but brake light works

Did the first oil change on my new 500EXC today (at 5.8 hours/ 205 miles) and noticed that the LED tail light is out but the brake light still works.

Now I have ridden it on mostly rough off-road stuff, even noticed some evidence of tire contact under the rear fender, but I didn't expect an LED to blow out like the regular old bulb type do, especially so soon.

The fuse is still good and as far as I can tell the tail light is still getting power.

Has anyone else had any tail light/ brake light issues with these LEDs yet? If so what was the cause? I searched but didn't see anything....

Did the first oil change on my new 500EXC today (at 5.8 hours/ 205 miles) and noticed that the LED tail light is out but the brake light still works.

Now I have ridden it on mostly rough off-road stuff, even noticed some evidence of tire contact under the rear fender, but I didn't expect an LED to blow out like the regular old bulb type do, especially so soon.

The fuse is still good and as far as I can tell the tail light is still getting power.

Has anyone else had any tail light/ brake light issues with these LEDs yet? If so what was the cause? I searched but didn't see anything....

Likely you actually aren't getting power. It's possible the circuit board failed in the unit but it's not a known issue. I have seen one wiring harness pinched between the upper and lower fender causing issues.