Sign in to follow this  

What’s your next bike and why?

I have been thinking about a KTM200 set up for woods riding. Number one reason is for the lighter weight (I am not getting any younger). Number two reason, I am kind of curious about the 2 stroke powerplants of late. (This is not a 2t vs 4t thread, PLEASE!)

So, what’s your next bike and why?

Edited by singletracmind
  • Like 1

havent decided yet. i have a 12' rmz 450 now. hopefully joining the police department soon so riding is out of the question for a while which means i might sell my bike. if thats the case ill probably buy a trail bike and a 250 smoker.

My bike is gonna have to be the new 2013 crf450r. The suspension on is so nice and the clutch is so smooth. Definitely the nicest 450 out there

• Like 1

Hopefully getting an 09 125 sx but i won't have the cash until earlier february and there's only one for sale right now. If someone buys that ktm before me than i'll probably get a 09 yz250f. I want the ktm because 2 strokes are reliable and cheaper to maintain IMHO.

Edited by MotoTag

Another KTM 300. My master plan is to plate my 300 that I have now and buy a new racebike. Once you get over the vibration of a 2T and get used to learning how to actually use your brakes again...........nothing can match a 300.

....NOTHING :cool:

Edited by andrew34
  • Like 1

I'm looking for a 125 2-stroke right now. I'm a college student, and rebuilding and maintaining a 2-stroke is A LOT cheaper than my CRF250X

Anything but a KTM.

I can't stand them. I've tried two cause they are so light and so trick, but after thousands trying to get them to handle, I give up.

Oh, and they are slow too. 2012 450SXF is sooo damn slow and squirely it's just stupid.

WR450F

• Like 2

Anything but a KTM.

I can't stand them. I've tried two cause they are so light and so trick, but after thousands trying to get them to handle, I give up.

Oh, and they are slow too. 2012 450SXF is sooo damn slow and squirely it's just stupid.

WR450F

a 450sxf is SLOW compared to the relative anvil wr450??? sheesh.............

Joe

After 30+ years racing I've found that bigger is def not better, going to a 150cc Husky or KTM. Plus there the most fun bike to ride by far.

• Like 2

I'm pretty bummed out by the choices out there. I'd like to try the new KTM 250SX to see if it has the sort of power that the KTM off-road bikes do not.

Or the Gas Gas 300. I hear the TMs might have the sort of power I'm looking for.

I can't bring myself to simply buy a bike without riding one first because I have lost my trust in the industry.

Eric Gorr may eventually make a 436cc 2002-7 CR250R two stroke that might do the trick.

It think it will be a while before I give up on my YZs. I might go for a low-mid ported 295 kit for one of them to see it I can get the sort of bottom end I'm looking for. That and I might go for a steel frame with the current suspension.

It stinks having to build what you want because the industry won't make it.

Wanna see my street bike? I got fed up with the street bike industry and started to brew my own in 2000

Black bike sm.jpg

Edited by shagger

KTM 150sx. I was actually able to pick one up a little over a week ago. I've always ridden 125's had a few 250's, 2t and 4t and didn't care for the extra weight. I built a 144 over the summer and realized I had found my perfect diplacement. I was right. The 150sx is a blast and fits me perfectly.

I'm thinking long and hard about getting a KTM 450XC-W. I'm a woods rider exclusively and the new '12 and up XC-W is the first thumper I've ridden in the woods that I'm interested in racing. Of course I'll keep my '07 250SX that's setup for woods.

picking up a '12 KX250F on Wednesday or Thursday (whatever day I get back in town, already have a deposit on it) due to the dual fuel injectors and the SFF forks, I currently ride a 2007 KX250F

My wife mentioned me getting a new bike this year and I immediately thought of the KTM200(I would have to plate it). Now that I've thought a little more I would go KTM350EXC(better on the street).

Actually I'm sticking with my YZ, I just can't justify having a dirtbike that's so expensive.