Sign in to follow this  

Pro Moto Billet questions

Has anyone tried to mount the Ultra Silent turn-down to your stock pipe? It doesn't look like the Pro Moto Billet End Cap would reduce noise much as it's pretty much straight through,but the Ultra Silent insert just points the exhaust flow down so I'm thinking the effect is the same regardless of what pipe its mounted to.

http://www.promotobi...d=juckqqlqiuikw

pmb-01-1102.jpg

Sorry in advance for the Honda pic :)

Thoughts?

Edited by jermag24

I had a PMB Ultra Silent on my 09 KX450 stock system for a couple of years racing Hare Scrambles. My sound checks were between 94-96db depending on who was doing the check. I did try the Silent insert and it checked around 96-99db if I remember correctly. Now I have purchased a FMF Q 4.1 and it checks between 92-95db.

Edited by newp500

I had a PMB Ultra Silent on my 09 KX450 stock system for a couple of years racing Hare Scrambles. My sound checks were between 94-96db depending on who was doing the check. I did try the Silent insert and it checked around 96-99db if I remember correctly. Now I have purchased a FMF Q 4.1 and it checks between 92-95db.

Ok, so I might lose a couple db with just the Ultra Silent insert. I'l try that first before I buy the whole end cap. It's not for racing, just recreational use.

Do you still have your PMB end cap? I'm hoping to find a used one.

Ok, so I might lose a couple db with just the Ultra Silent insert. I'l try that first before I buy the whole end cap. It's not for racing, just recreational use.

I have a silent insert laying around from my 2006 YZ450F.... used maybe twice. I'm pretty sure it works for your KX (but not 100% sure, may

want to check).

PM me if you are interested.

No....sold it with the first 2009 bike.