Sign in to follow this  

Supercross dungey is capable

back when he was on the start line with a bike that wouldnt go, he was fuelled with anger/eagerness/frustration to get going then he did and fully fuelled agression took over.

he rode awesome that day.

Given he has every attribute needed to win the only thing I say he needs is a good sports psychologist to rev him up mentally at race meets.

• Like 1

A lot of people have always said he only wins titles when everyone else drops out.. everyones (big names) healthy and look whats happening..

Great rider just doubt his a carmicheal,reed, villipotto they are always 1/2/3 in title hunts there champions

• Like 1

Hes for sure not the fastest guy out there but keep in mind he had a very big get off in his heat race.

It's not his talent, it's just his mentality. He should have been by Short the first lap he ran up on him. Dungey is most definitely not a risk taker but he does have the speed to run with anyone out there,.........we'll see where he's at in Vegas and then make your judgment!

• Like 6

It's not his talent, it's just his mentality. He should have been by Short the first lap he ran up on him. Dungey is most definitely not a risk taker but he does have the speed to run with anyone out there,.........we'll see where he's at in Vegas and then make your judgment!

I agree, he is not the fastest on a given day but his consistency has served him well. I dont think he is naturally an aggresive guy but have seen him turn it on when fired up. He needs to learn how to turn on the aggresive switch at will and not let outside circumstances be the only way it gets flipped! And yes, he took way too long to pass Shorty and he could have gained one more position on that last turn had he just 'put it out there' a little.

• Like 1

A healthy Canard and the addition of Barcia are just two more obstacles for Dungey to follow behind this season. He's consistantly good, but he's not a contender for the championship with this years field....then there's Millsap. He's got a whole new attitude this season..good for him...not so good for Dungey.

Stewart...I know he's wounded, but I still expected more...pitiful

Dungey.jpg

• Like 2

Something is wrong in that guys head. He can't buy a start. His reaction times are way off at the gate

It's clearly the bike & lack of PED's. RV takes them & BAM, he is back on fire

Edited by TroyLee_Roosta
  • Like 1

I don't think Dungey likes riding SX because its all about taking the big risk and making something happen. Just look at 2012 and who got hurt, Windham, Reed, Canard, Stewart, Villopoto. Except for Canard they all got hurt trying to force something to happen. And Dungey doesn't force anything, never has and likely never will.

He should go down to the boxing or MMA gym and spar some. That hand to hand combat could do him some good.

• Like 4

A healthy Canard and the addition of Barcia are just two more obstacles for Dungey to follow behind this season. He's consistantly good, but he's not a contender for the championship with this years field....then there's Millsap. He's got a whole new attitude this season..good for him...not so good for Dungey.

Stewart...I know he's wounded, but I still expected more...pitiful

Dungey.jpg

I will say it again I guess, we are now 3 weeks in. This 'years field' can and will change, too early to call who is in and out of contention with the top 5 guys or so. I like Dungey but I'm pulling for Canard this year. Stewart is sad but he is doing exactly what he needs to do.....stay out there and gut it out for once.

• Like 1

Dungey is capable.......of becoming the next Kevin Windham.

As much as I like Windham, Dungey has a few more championships and race wins under his belt.

• Like 2

I'm kinda disappointed in Dungey so far too. Thought he definitely had something to prove this season, and is NOT pulling the trigger to get it done. Still early so he might still pull through, but not looking good. He needs to be a man on a mission from here out. Even if he gets a bad start, needs to be putting guys behind him fast to get to the front QUICKLY. Maybe he needs to pull a few recorded races from the OLD Stewart in the old 125 class. True clinic on how to pass people after a crash or a bad start.

Edited by cbrf1wr
  • Like 1

As much as I like Windham, Dungey has a few more championships and race wins under his belt.

It's all about the timing.

How many more wins would KW have if he hadn't had to compete with RC, CR, & JS, when they were all in there prime ?

Dungey seems more suited for outdoors than he does SX. Kinda like Baggett.

The opposite of McGrath back in the day.

• Like 2

It's all about the timing.

How many more wins would KW have if he hadn't had to compete with RC, CR, & JS, when they were all in there prime ?

You forgot McGrath.

I don't think Dungey likes riding SX because its all about taking the big risk and making something happen. Just look at 2012 and who got hurt, Windham, Reed, Canard, Stewart, Villopoto.

And Dungey, he broke his collar bone last year and missed some races. I think it was in practice, but still... If that hadn't happened, he'd have won another title after Villapoto tweaked his knee, and people would be talking about that. We do have to remember though that racing is about a lot of things: speed, consistency, luck, fitness, support, timing. Villapoto was the recipient of some luck also when Dungey ran out of gas while leading a moto by almost 30 seconds, and then had the bike issue at the start of Southwick. Sometimes the ball has to bounce your way.

The guy has five professional titles, and you don't luck or back door into that. He's fast, just not dominating. Villapoto is dominating when he's healthy, but then again, missed three 450 outdoor seasons out of four and couldn't finish two supercross seasons out of three. He got lucky last year that he got hurt so late, or one of the big four would have taken it if they hadn't been hurt.

I like Dungey, but he's always had that rub of not being willing to go outside of his comfort zone. He can't seem to get by anyone of similar speed, although he can eventually get by guys that are slower than he is. (it takes three or four laps) Then again, Canard and Reed had a hard time getting by him last year. When those three were together, it was like a train going around the track.

Villapoto and Stewart (not this year) have the speed and aggressiveness to get by anyone, even someone riding a similar speed. I don't know what is up with Dungey this year though, like meyermetal said, he can't seem to buy a start. Is there any truth to that rumor on here that he is using some kind of an air shock? Not that it would make a difference with a start, but he's really struggling.

Hopefully Barcia can bounce back, because, as a fan, I want a competitive season.

Edited by jcm3
  • Like 2

The KTM has too much power. He claims he's spinning too much off the start. That thing makes the most HP of any 450 stock... so in race trim, it's a beast.

I'm sure they have a map switch right? So maybe they're still trying to find the correct "start" map.

Dungey is capable.......of becoming the next Kevin Windham.

LOL, i didnt want to be the first to say it. Dungey, to me at least, seems like a "career" moto rider, IE: a guy that wants to win championships but one that also thinks he's found something good for him that he can do for a really long time and getting hurt due to pushing the limits is detrimental to his ability to keep a steady income. If you cant seem to keep up with the big dogs, why not at least try to make some money? think about the long term, then do the stewart thing when youre just about ready to retire and come up with a brand name based on you and live off that for the rest of your life.

I like Dungey and support his consistent style, lots of competition this year though.

Dungey

a 3rd

an 8th

and a 6th

He has got to be frustrated :banghead:

dont forget about almost getting 2 LCQ's in a row. i like the guy too but i think having pretty much a full season of riding in the outdoors without a top tier group isnt very good for progression...

Edited by mynewcr250
  • Like 1