dungey is capable

Oh I meant to quote the guy who replaced an entire bike because the battery was going flat. Either way...

Iphone's dont have user replaceable batteries. I always found it strange and funny that people would willingly replace something that works great an is only a couple years old simply because a battery started to go. Now we have a guy who replaced a whole bike!

(This post was tongue in cheek. I am sure infamy was joking. At least I sure hope so!)

i was being a little facetious. i bought a 2013, but not cause i cant replace a battery. i bought it cause i could.

• Like 2

Flame away. This is how it is.

He's not as fast on the ktm. If he was still on that Suzuki he would be on another level. Yes he'd be killing it!

I think Dungey was faster on the zuke as well. His cornering speed specifically. Just seemed like he could turn that bike down on everyone even RV and pull them out of the corner. Not so much on the KTM. I don't think I have seen him put a pass on any of the fast guys that did not crash or make a mistake in front of him since on the KTM. Although this is the first season that all the fast guys have raced in many years so we will see what happens as the season progresses.

• Like 1

no he wouldn't he would be the same place he is. He isn't fast! He is consistent. He wasn't fast on the suki!

This is the dumbest thing I have read on the internet this week. I suppose next you will say Bubba is still the "Fastest man on the planet" because he always wins practice.

• Like 2

no he wouldn't he would be the same place he is. He isn't fast! He is consistent. He wasn't fast on the suki!

When he was on that zuke he put a pass on RV more than once. Hard to say he was not fast there Dosh, Did you mean to say RV was not fast as well back then???

• Like 1

When he was on that zuke he put a pass on RV more than once. Hard to say he was not fast there Dosh, Did you mean to say RV was not fast as well back then???
I would consider him fast...faster than probably 16 of the 20 riders in a main event.... Thats Fast
dungey is not and will not ever be known as a fast guy. he is consistant! you may think that is dumb but its the truth. he can get a start and lead from start to finish so yes he is fast enough but people like rc js rv those guys are fast and then there are the rest. i don't think i even mentioned js in my first post. so i guess you want to talk about js being the fmop NOT ME!
  • Like 1

Yep, Dungey's consistency and ability to ride smooth (which means retain some energy for the end of the race) are things which have allowed him to win championships.

If he needs to be the fastest guy on the track, he can do it. But he obviously chooses smoothness over speed. There have been plenty of times, when he's been the fastest guy on track and in practice. It amazes me how short people's memory is.

My issue with Dungey and KTM has to do with his setup. He makes silly mistakes on setup and that costs him during the races, especially in supercross. He doesn't look at all comfortable in his bike, he's clearly riding around issues. Both Roczen and Dungey are running the same suspension on a bike with the same chassis pretty much. Yet Kenny can put his bike where he wants, has no problems in the whoops and is VERY fast every time he swings his leg over the bike. Its a very clear demonstration that perhaps the bike generally isn't the issue.

I'm anxious to see if Kenny gets to ride the 450 or if they force him to ride the 350.

• Like 2

dungey is not and will not ever be known as a fast guy. he is consistant! you may think that is dumb but its the truth. he can get a start and lead from start to finish so yes he is fast enough but people like rc js rv those guys are fast and then there are the rest. i don't think i even mentioned js in my first post. so i guess you want to talk about js being the fmop NOT ME!

So this (not fast) consistent guy was somehow able to pass this well known(fast guy) while racing, but will NOT be referred to as a fast guy because he is consistent.

I think I will label Dungey very fast rider that was also very consistent. Maybe not as fast as RV, but pretty close(especially when he was on that zuki). You might think that is dumb, but I think it is the truth.

• Like 1

I won't give my opinion of if he is fast or not but I will say that RV wouldn't finish second to someone in an LCQ....and don't bring up the race RV got run off the track in his LCQ and did not go to the main. If RV was behind the guy in 1st in an LCQ with 4 laps to go he would not finish second....just saying

• Like 1

So this (not fast) consistent guy was somehow able to pass this well known(fast guy) while racing, but will NOT be referred to as a fast guy because he is consistent.

I think I will label Dungey very fast rider that was also very consistent. Maybe not as fast as RV, but pretty close(especially when he was on that zuki). You might think that is dumb, but I think it is the truth.

no the not fast guy has had a day or 2 where he is on his game and the other guy wasn't. that not fast guy doesn't and can't pass the well known fast guy most days of the week. that not fast guy is constantly doubted and talked about being a champion by defult and with an * by the wins. you can say what you want but the truth is pretty clear. he is hardly ever a FQ and there is a reason for that.
  • Like 1

And I thought Bubba fans had some worthless excuses... RD would be in the same spot on the Zuke as he is on the KTM. The competition level is not near as low as it was when he was dominating on the Zuke. Like it or not he would still be battling for 3rd, no matter the bike. KTM or RD or whoever you want to blame it on... if they can figure that bike out and he can get a start we will be talking a totally different game. I vote for the latter option. If RD figures out how to get a start or pass the guy in 15th instead of following him for 3 laps... he will be able to run with anyone.

• Like 2

Yep, Dungey's consistency and ability to ride smooth (which means retain some energy for the end of the race) are things which have allowed him to win championships.

If he needs to be the fastest guy on the track, he can do it. But he obviously chooses smoothness over speed. There have been plenty of times, when he's been the fastest guy on track and in practice. It amazes me how short people's memory is.

My issue with Dungey and KTM has to do with his setup. He makes silly mistakes on setup and that costs him during the races, especially in supercross. He doesn't look at all comfortable in his bike, he's clearly riding around issues. Both Roczen and Dungey are running the same suspension on a bike with the same chassis pretty much. Yet Kenny can put his bike where he wants, has no problems in the whoops and is VERY fast every time he swings his leg over the bike. Its a very clear demonstration that perhaps the bike generally isn't the issue.

I'm anxious to see if Kenny gets to ride the 450 or if they force him to ride the 350.

I'm not saying this to be a know it all dick like some think I am, but Dungey's and Roczen's bike are nothing alike. Roczen has had three seasons to get that bike dialed in and this is the first year on the new generation 450 that Dungey is on.

You are right tho, they are far off on the setup, but that isn't Dungey's fault, they are struggling big with that bike.

Edited by 2uptite

I'm not saying this to be a know it all dick like some think I am, but Dungey's and Roczen's bike are nothing alike. Roczen has had three seasons to get that bike dialed in and this is the first year on the new generation 450 that Dungey is on.

Kenny's 2013 250SXF is an all new bike. He first got his hands on it AFTER the outdoors for the Monster Energy Cup. Its an all new motor and frame.

Dungey's 2013 450SXF is the same bike he rode in 2012 with an updated frame. Remember, KTM released it mid season as the "dungey special" to the public in order to meet homologation regulations.

Edited by tye1138
  • Like 2

Kenny's 2013 250SXF is an all new bike. He first got his hands on it AFTER the outdoors for the Monster Energy Cup. Its an all new motor and frame.

Dungey's 2013 450SXF is the same bike he rode in 2012 with an updated frame. Remember, KTM released it mid season as the "dungey special" to the public in order to meet homologation regulations.

And their team manager, Roger DeCoster is a fool. He has no idea how to manage a team and make sure the equipment is set up properly either. I mean jeez, he's old and has NO CLUE how these new bikes work. No wonder Dungey's bike setup is so bad. I mean crap - he put an ELECTRIC starter on the bike, obviously because Decoster is so old. He can't kick the bike over anymore, so he said "E-starts for all my bikes!

• Like 1

The Dunge is consistently fast as he has champs/wins/mxdn victories that back it up. it shows up more in mx as there is more time and places that his style is the preference. sx = bad start , bad race . for him to be in the hunt at round 4 suggests to me that he could do this very capable riding to the title.

Edited by kimberley rider