Sign in to follow this  

Supercross dungey is capable

He beat Stewart. He beat Reed. He beat Canard. He Beat Barcia, he also beat 13 other professionals.

EVERYONE that wins a race should have an asterisk by their names!

IF ONLY RC would have been there. If ONLY so and so would have had a better start. If you are on the ground, or not on the box, you got beat.

Not winning, a race or a championship, means any of these -

1) You got a bad start (why should you win if you got a bad start, when the winner got a good start?)

2) You went down (why should you win if you crashed, but the winner didn't?)

3) You got hurt and didn't get to race (Why should you win if you got hurt, see #2)

4) You were not as fast. (perhaps due to wanting to prevent #2 and #3)

If you are there, and your number is Red, it is irrelevant who was there or not. If you were there, and you won, you deserve to win it. If you were not there, there is a reason for it.

Lets take myself and any other rider here. Lets race. If you can turn 2 minute laps, and I turn 2:02 laps but you go down - I win. You know what - I bet I could turn 1:59 laps, but I would have gone down. Cry all you want how you should have won. The guy who is there and on two wheels was the fastest one.

I totally agree with everything you said but keep in mind that our new found member MichaelY is still learning what his willy is actually there for and may even have a hair or two on his ass at the age of 14. I'm glad to see a few young whippersnappers sticking around in here to keep all of us old farts on our toes lol. As for Dungey, I'll bet when the series hits Vegas he'll be right there in the points hunt for the championship. The guy is never going to let it all hang out there and can seemingly be boring to watch but he knows what he is in this for and that's the big trophy and #1 plate at the end of it.

• Like 2

I totally agree with everything you said but keep in mind that our new found member MichaelY is still learning what his willy is actually there for and may even have a hair or two on his ass at the age of 14. I'm glad to see a few young whippersnappers sticking around in here to keep all of us old farts on our toes lol. As for Dungey, I'll bet when the series hits Vegas he'll be right there in the points hunt for the championship. The guy is never going to let it all hang out there and can seemingly be boring to watch but he knows what he is in this for and that's the big trophy and #1 plate at the end of it.

Little different this year. Going to need to hang it out there some at least. Not just that one fast guy he is gonna have to beat. There is about 4 of them left. Maybe 5 if Reed can get it together. I think Reed was trying the Dungey approach early this year waiting till about mid-season before turning it up a notch. Might work out is he keeps plowing through his comp on the starts.

My new title on the forums is now... Whippersnapper? :goofy: Yay

• Like 3

Bad luck my ass... his starts suck! No reason to sugar coat anything... that is why he is not up there. He is as fast as anyone out there when working with clear track. If he wants to be in the hunt (which I totally think he is capable of winning) he wont be able to cruise behind slower guys. Get a bad start... get to the front. That should be the main objective. There is no time to be patient in a 15 min main, and no 2nd moto to recover lost points. There is no reason he should be finishing any lower than 3rd in a heat race either. Hes not getting the starts and couldnt pass my grandmother on her hoveround. He either needs to figure out how to get a start or make quick passes or this season is going to seem very long for RD.

Some seem to forget that even if a few are not in the championship hunt they can spoil it for RD. Bad start and a few 5ths and 6th behind the same JS CR JB etc. that some claim are out can change things very quickly when they start stealing points. Esp if RV is out front on cruise control. If one of them gets their head outta their ass, RD could be in real trouble.

RD wont be able to settle for 3rd every weekend. He WILL have to step it up.

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 1

Dungey has been through three different motors, three shocks and three sets of forks sinse the season has started trying to figure out what combo works on this new bike. Plus he has been riding bruised up sinse that crash, I think he deserves some slack.

Edited by 2uptite
  • Like 1

Dungey has been through three different motors, three shocks and three sets of forks sinse the season has started trying to figure out what combo works on this new bike. Plus he has been riding bruised up sinse that crash, I think he deserves some slack.

No slack in this forum...either win every single race or you suck! :lol: :lol:

If dungey does what he has been doing people (including me) say he isnt aggressive enough he timid blah blah blah....

if he steps it up and ends up on his back people will say he is the next stewart....

• Like 3

His starts are what's killing him. He makes up time on the track but he can't buy a start and the guy is usually good at the gate

Somthing better get straight in that head of his because RV's head got screwed on straight 50pts ago

Edited by meyermetal
  • Like 3

Just like all the other riders discussed in the Pro forum??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Slack wont win him the championship :prof:

Edited by BDubb106
  • Like 2

His starts are what's killing him. He makes up time on the track but he can't buy a start and the guy is usually good at the gate

Somthing better get straight in that head of his because RV's head got screwed on straight 50pts ago

The starts arn't him right now, they're struggling with the new motor getting out of the gate.

The starts arn't him right now, they're struggling with the new motor getting out of the gate.

Then Roger better start knocking some heads around or back to last years engine

• Like 3

Then Roger better start knocking some heads around or back to last years engine

Get a honda motor in that thing! :thumbsup::lol:

• Like 2

Get a honda motor in that thing! :thumbsup::lol:

Ugh, why would you want to add a heavy motor, with less power, and one that needs a valve replacement between

"motos"

Dunegey WILL NEED to step it up, but not in the way that involves him riding above his level.

What he needs to do is start riding aggressive. He just waits WAY too long to make a move. His "nice" riding is what hurts him, in my opinion.

• Like 2

My new title on the forums is now... Whippersnapper? :goofy: Yay

Yeap, you are no longer just a newbie since you have held on longer than most before you so your official status now is young whippersnapper. if you stick around and grow cynical like the rest of us you will earn your full fledged scumbag title and can claim to be a regular know-it-all about everything! :thumbsup:

Edited for being a 'Dosh-speller this morning.

Edited by BBA
  • Like 2

With as much power as the factory KTM engines are producing it is hard for me to believe it's the bike that's not allowing Dungey better starts.

• Like 2

Just because an engine is making huge amounts of power doesn't mean you'll get the holeshot. Actually, just the opposite usually! You've got to get the power down, controlably. That's where all the work is being done.

• Like 1

He beat Stewart. He beat Reed. He beat Canard. He Beat Barcia, he also beat 13 other professionals.

EVERYONE that wins a race should have an asterisk by their names!

IF ONLY RC would have been there. If ONLY so and so would have had a better start. If you are on the ground, or not on the box, you got beat.

Not winning, a race or a championship, means any of these -

1) You got a bad start (why should you win if you got a bad start, when the winner got a good start?)

2) You went down (why should you win if you crashed, but the winner didn't?)

3) You got hurt and didn't get to race (Why should you win if you got hurt, see #2)

4) You were not as fast. (perhaps due to wanting to prevent #2 and #3)

If you are there, and your number is Red, it is irrelevant who was there or not. If you were there, and you won, you deserve to win it. If you were not there, there is a reason for it.

Lets take myself and any other rider here. Lets race. If you can turn 2 minute laps, and I turn 2:02 laps but you go down - I win. You know what - I bet I could turn 1:59 laps, but I would have gone down. Cry all you want how you should have won. The guy who is there and on two wheels was the fastest one.

A well thought out post that is hard to argue with. I agree 100%.

I totally agree that Dungey is talented and I do give him and his fans a hard time but I think we need a champion that can battle from midpack, be aggressive and put on a good show. If your champion is boring than I think we are going to lose some followers of the sport. When the top guys are out and Dungey wins every race it is boring. If Dungey stays in the points battle by rolling around in 4th and ends up winning the championship in Vegas because he is “consistent” it is boring. People want to see someone win that is more exciting to watch or at least that is my opinion. The sport needs to attract new fans not make them fall asleep.

Ugh, why would you want to add a heavy motor, with less power, and one that needs a valve replacement between "motos" Dunegey WILL NEED to step it up, but not in the way that involves him riding above his level. What he needs to do is start riding aggressive. He just waits WAY too long to make a move. His "nice" riding is what hurts him, in my opinion.
looks like those motors are doing pretty well for a few!
  • Like 2

I raced a gp last spring with my friend, he is generally faster than me. We both crashed in the logs just two corners from the checkered flag. I picked my bike up first and won.

He made no excuses and we had a good laugh. He's 37 and I am 47 that made it SWEET. :ride: