Sign in to follow this  

CRF 450 2011 idle problems

Hi guys,

I have a CRF 450 year 2011, and first I have some issues starting the bike, takes a lot of kicking, and once it is on, sometimes, when i just open a little the throttle, the bike shuts down. And sometimes when i am mid range to high rpm, it feels like the bike kinda chokes just a little and then back to normal.

I am wondering if I should change http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2011/CRF450R/FUEL-TANK-%282%29/FILTER-KIT%2C-FUEL/06160-MEN-A50 or change this http://www.motosport.com/dirtbike/oem-parts/HONDA/2011/CRF450R/THROTTLE-BODY/INJECTOR-ASSY.%2C-FUEL/16450-MEN-A51. Maybe I am totally wrong.

Please help out guys.

Thanks in advance.

Are you filtering your gas before it goes into the tank?

Are you removing the fuel pump and cleaning the filters every 15 hours?

Have you cleaned the injector?

Hi,

I do not use any filter gas before it goes in my tank. I just bought the bike last week, i rode it twice only. and I have not cleaned either the fuel pump neither have I cleaned the injector.

Hi,

I do not use any filter gas before it goes in my tank. I just bought the bike last week, i rode it twice only. and I have not cleaned either the fuel pump neither have I cleaned the injector.

did you buy it used?

Yes, i bought it used. And unfortunately, where I live (Morocco) gas quality is far from good. I ordered a filter that fits in the tank.I guess I need to clean fuel pump, i will take it to my mechanic.

Yes, i bought it used. And unfortunately, where I live (Morocco) gas quality is far from good. I ordered a filter that fits in the tank.I guess I need to clean fuel pump, i will take it to my mechanic.

You need to remove the tank and remove the pump, then remove it's filter, and clean it or replace it.

If the filter was left dirty for too long, you have stressed the pump and it might be failing.