Sign in to follow this  

Stock chain have a master link in '04?

Please dont go off w/ 10 replys not answering the simple question,does it have a master link?

Thanks,just find it frustrating when someone asks a simple question and we end up in a Buy a KTM vs Honda thing. :banghead:

The stock chain does not have the easily removeable clip style master link, its the riveted type oring chain

The stock chain does not have the easily removeable clip style master link, its the riveted type oring chain

Really,bummer.

So I'm gonna need a breaker eh?

What I'm really doing is going to take a link off for the 50t sprocket I have coming.

Dunno if the chain w/ be tight enought going down 3 teeth on the rear.

The problem with that is when you go to put it back together, your going to probably need to bring it somewhere to have the new connector link installed, its also a rivet type link. You cant buy the correct clip style link master link to reconnect the chain. There may be a clip style connector link that would work but it wouldnt be specifically for that chain. Really would be a good time to buy a new chain if the old one is worn at all.

The problem with that is when you go to put it back together, your going to probably need to bring it somewhere to have the new connector link installed, its also a rivet type link. You cant buy the correct clip style link master link to reconnect the chain. There may be a clip style connector link that would work but it wouldnt be specifically for that chain. Really would be a good time to buy a new chain if the old one is worn at all.

yeah thats what I was thinking,new chain