Moving to Dallas from Florida..... Hare Scrambles? Vintage Racing? Moto?

Hey guys,

I'm headed to Big D in about a month. A little background, I grew up just South of Tulsa, OK. Went to school at Oklahoma State and rode a few OCCRA races while there. Since graduation in 2007 My wife and I moved to Florida and have since got pretty use to riding sand and palmetto roots! I've been racing the FTR (Florida Trail Riders) Hare Scramble series for the past five seasons sprinkling in a few motocross and grand prix races in between.

I'm looking to find a few riding spots/ guys to ride with once I get to town. Hopefully there are a few places not to terribly far away to ride. I know how hard it is to find "That Spot" and keep it secret. I've been very lucky to be introduced to "those spots" here in Florida and I hate to leave em' but understand the value of those little private areas. Hope to hear from some of you guys and look forward to buying intermediate/ hardpack tires again!

My current stable:

2007 YZ250

1988 YZ490 (Full Frame up restoration/ Picture attached, she's my baby!)

2006 YZ250f

2006 DRZ400sm

1985 XR80 (in process of restoration)

So I did some searching and it looks like there are two major cross country series in Texas, TORO and TCCRA. Any thoughts on which organization is preferred?

toro is a winter series, done for this winter. torn and tccra are more summer series. torn had there first race of the season this past weekend. they run a 6-7 mile track/trail and have quad races on the same trail on some weekends. tccra is a longer trail and more difficult usually. the first tccra race of the season is first weekend of march. torn races on sat and sun depending on your class with limited practice. tccra is open practice all day sat. with pee wee racing sat afternoon on the peewee track and big bike racing on sunday. both clubs have there plus's. tccra is member ran with different promoters at each track, torn is private run with same man running the show and rules and track prep. tccra is suposed to have some vintage races this year as well as some nite racing. we have raced both but mostly tccra.good luck

Edited by poppa

Oak Hill MX, just NW of Decatur holds Vintage MX races. Visit for more info.