Sign in to follow this  

2 stroke silencer advice.

hi i'm new here but have been have been lurkin around a bit. i have searched d net to see if i cud do this. i have a 2001 cr125 with stock exhaust and sinlncer. i have a dep silencer that came off a suzuki RG80. would this silencer be ok to put on my cr because my stock silencer is in bad shape. any advice would be great thanks

I put a silencer off a '93 rm 125 on my '01 yamaha blaster when I had it. Did it work? Yes. Was it a good fit? Um, I made it fit. If it fits and suits your purpose I really don't see the harm. It's not going to offer the same performance/gains as if it was designed specifically for your machine, but I don't see why you couldn't use it.

• Like 1

I put a silencer off a '93 rm 125 on my '01 yamaha blaster when I had it. Did it work? Yes. Was it a good fit? Um, I made it fit. If it fits and suits your purpose I really don't see the harm. It's not going to offer the same performance/gains as if it was designed specifically for your machine, but I don't see why you couldn't use it.

ye i might try stick it on. looks like it will fit straight on. was jus worried incase it made the bike run like tractor. do you tink it will effect perfomance bad

If it does, take it back off and get a proper silencer. They're not really that much money, not sure why you're redneck rigging something to fit in the first place.

its not redneck rigging. it looks like a perfect fit an the bolts like up too so i was jus concerned an wanted to see cud i put it on witout problems

Without seeing it it's hard to say if it would really affect performance much. If it's shorter or blown out you will lose some top end. I rigged mine up when I was a poor high school kid working to pay for my quad and gas to ride it. I think I had to drill an extra hole and it mounted right up. Back then I didn't really care what it did, as my stock one was shot anyway lol.

• Like 1

its not redneck rigging. it looks like a perfect fit an the bolts like up too so i was jus concerned an wanted to see cud i put it on witout problems

My god I'm not normally anal about grammar, but sheesh man you have grammatical and spelling skills of a 3rd grader. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably didn't do too well in school. Good luck with getting a real job.

Anyway, yes it will run with the silencer. Will it run well? That is up for you to decide. If it runs to your liking with the oddball silencer then go with it. I would also suggest checking out the spark plug to make sure the jetting isn't all messed up. I doubt you will have any problems.

• Like 2

My god I'm not normally anal about grammar, but sheesh man you have grammatical and spelling skills of a 3rd grader. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you probably didn't do too well in school. Good luck with getting a real job.

Anyway, yes it will run with the silencer. Will it run well? That is up for you to decide. If it runs to your liking with the oddball silencer then go with it. I would also suggest checking out the spark plug to make sure the jetting isn't all messed up. I doubt you will have any problems.

I wonder if new people come on here thinking we are all bro hat wearing shorthand/text typing people. I really cant stand it either but what ya gonna do.

Sorry dee, I see you are from Ireland and sometimes things get lost in translation even though we speak the same language.

Edited by Keith72

Good job with the insults. :bonk:

As was said, fit it up and if it runs poorly - remove it. Recommend you source a used stock 00-01 CR125 silencer on eBay if the RG80 silencer don't work right.

And by the way, THIS is redneck rigging of a bike!

BainbridgeIsland-20130120-00143.jpg

BainbridgeIsland-20130120-00144.jpg

Bremerton-20130120-00147.jpg

• Like 2

zipties and safety wire, I guess that and some duct tape and you have a nice repair kit, and not just on the trail repairs , we're talking long term fixes.

Good job with the insults. :bonk:

As was said, fit it up and if it runs poorly - remove it. Recommend you source a used stock 00-01 CR125 silencer on eBay if the RG80 silencer don't work right.

And by the way, THIS is redneck rigging of a bike!

BainbridgeIsland-20130120-00143.jpg

BainbridgeIsland-20130120-00144.jpg

Bremerton-20130120-00147.jpg

Thanks, I pride myself on my insults.

Maybe if people bothered to use decent grammar and spell check the dirtbike community wouldn't have the reputation of a bunch of dumbass rednecks.

As for those pictures of redneck repairs...the way I see it those are just the signs of a truly badass 2 stroke! Look at how that rear fender was completely demolished! Pure power baby.

Thanks, I pride myself on my insults.

Maybe if people bothered to use decent grammar and spell check the dirtbike community wouldn't have the reputation of a bunch of dumbass rednecks.

As for those pictures of redneck repairs...the way I see it those are just the signs of a truly badass 2 stroke! Look at how that rear fender was completely demolished! Pure power baby.

I bought this clapped out 2001 CR250 for 300$. Couldn't resist. Had to show pcitures of the badass-ness. :banana:

My point was he wanted advise so that's what I provided unlike your input. Your goal of removing the dumbass redneck stigma is a worthy one but very difficult to achieve. It's easy to subjucate and marginalize those you don't like. Makes it easier to close trails when those using them are viewed as misfit animals. That's their whole goal is to paint us as such. Even if we all became postdoctoral fellows at Harvard they'd still view us poorly so I don't even bother. They hate - I ride (which includes political activism, trail work, volunteering, writing letters, calling politicians, etc.). Pretty simple really.

• Like 1

Jesus sorry for the short text. Seems like you spent took much time with your face in a book and in school. GET A LIFE. Would you type in perfect grammer if you were on facebook. Are you 70 years of age or something and cant read it. WHY would it bother you. My spelling is perfect as you can see. I'm just not something out of the stone age that types like my Grandmother. And if thats redneck rigging what i wanna do certainly is not. The silencer fits PERFECTLY. I was just curious to see if it would suit my engine THAT ALL. Didn't want an ear bashing from some fag that more than likely hasn't even got any friends. JESUS get with the real world. I hate FAGS that have bad things to say about SPELLING of all things. Jesus CHRIST get a life you BOOK WORM FAG.

Some people need to get a life before they get so bothered about short hand text. Its 2013. Get with the real world. Are you dat ancient that you cant read it. HAHAHAHAHAHA BOOK WORM &%$#@!

bookworm2.jpg

Jesus sorry for the short text. Seems like you spent took much time with your face in a book and in school. GET A LIFE. Would you type in perfect grammer if you were on facebook. Are you 70 years of age or something and cant read it. WHY would it bother you. My spelling is perfect as you can see. I'm just not something out of the stone age that types like my Grandmother. And if thats redneck rigging what i wanna do certainly is not. The silencer fits PERFECTLY. I was just curious to see if it would suit my engine THAT ALL. Didn't want an ear bashing from some fag that more than likely hasn't even got any friends. JESUS get with the real world. I hate FAGS that have bad things to say about SPELLING of all things. Jesus CHRIST get a life you BOOK WORM FAG.

This is an excellent post. I'm glad the pipe worked well for your bike. The "grammer" and spelling is awful, even when you are trying. But one thing is for sure, you certainly got your panties in a wad over my comments. I get a laugh, you get pissed off, all is well in the world!

• Like 2

This is an excellent post. I'm glad the pipe worked well for your bike. The "grammer" and spelling is awful, even when you are trying. But one thing is for sure, you certainly got your panties in a wad over my comments. I get a laugh, you get pissed off, all is well in the world!

y gt boderd ovr sumbodys grammer tho. are u dat low t be boderd by sumtin like dat. ya dont boder me wit ur comments. i get a laugh ou of d fact dat sumtin dat simple boders u. ya obviously need t get a life. ur d one gettin ur panties in a wad over sombody typing short hand. do u own dis website. until ya do keep ou of my bizness. it duzn concern ya book worm geek. its 2013

y gt boderd ovr sumbodys grammer tho. are u dat low t be boderd by sumtin like dat. ya dont boder me wit ur comments. i get a laugh ou of d fact dat sumtin dat simple boders u. ya obviously need t get a life. ur d one gettin ur panties in a wad over sombody typing short hand. do u own dis website. until ya do keep ou of my bizness. it duzn concern ya book worm geek. its 2013

Nice try bozo. By the way I'm a bookworm geek and proud of it. There are many amazing stories, ideas, and philosophies out there that are only conveyed in books.

Besides the pure pleasure of being a book worm, it also happens to work out pretty well from a quality of life standpoint. Society tends to reward book worms more handsomely than non-book worms. So say what you like, in whatever intellectual capacity you are capable of. It won't matter.

Also, enjoy your rigged-up 125 with a silencer off of an 80. I'm sure it is an excellent combination.

• Like 2

Nice try bozo. By the way I'm a bookworm geek and proud of it. There are many amazing stories, ideas, and philosophies out there that are only conveyed in books.

Besides the pure pleasure of being a book worm, it also happens to work out pretty well from a quality of life standpoint. Society tends to reward book worms more handsomely than non-book worms. So say what you like, in whatever intellectual capacity you are capable of. It won't matter.

Also, enjoy your rigged-up 125 with a silencer off of an 80. I'm sure it is an excellent combination.

cool :naughty:

Intentional typo in bold? :thinking:

Anyway, I've posted pics to this amazing thread and demand the dude in Ireland do same!!!!! :prof: