3x3 mod with JD needle size advice needed: Red Pill or Blue Pill?

OK, I'm half way through the 3x3 mod here and not sure what to use from the JD kit, red needle or blue needle and at what position.

Gulf coast Texas here, 14ft elevation, high humidity, high heat most of year

I'm leaning towards 155 main and 22.5 pilot (Extended Fuel Mixture Screw). But am open to advice on this as well.

Thanks!

Edited by ToadKilla

I see what you did there

4272677_zps209e4200.jpg

i think red is leaner and usually needs to be one clip richer than blue needle

Edited by KaiserRolls

i am in houston just did the mod, used the red on 3...called james dean, and one person said blue, emailed them and the other said red....its running great on the red as far as i can tell.....

OK, I'm half way through the 3x3 mod here and not sure what to use from the JD kit, red needle or blue needle and at what position.

Gulf coast Texas here, 14ft elevation, high humidity, high heat most of year

I'm leaning towards 155 main and 22.5 pilot (Extended Fuel Mixture Screw). But am open to advice on this as well.

Thanks!

What pipe..??

Stock pipe! Thanks!

Use a 155 main jet , , blue needle clip 3 ,,stock 22.5 pj with your extended fuel screw

Cheers!

Use a 155 main jet , , blue needle clip 3 ,,stock 22.5 pj with your extended fuel screw

Hey thanks again.

Is there any other info I might need? Like can you recommend how many turns you would turn the extended fuel screw, or anything else like that you could advise on?

Hey thanks again.

Is there any other info I might need? Like can you recommend how many turns you would turn the extended fuel screw, or anything else like that you could advise on?

2.75 turns out.

Hey thanks again.

2.75 is a good starting point ,you may have to adjust it a little...Just use this procedure to fine tune...

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405

Thanks!