Wiseco or OEM Piston

Getting ready for a top end rebuild before the new season starts. Had my top end to Eric Gorr last year for replating and some other work for that rebuild. I bought a stock bore wiseco and sent it to him for sizing.

My question is, barring any major defects in the cylinder, should I stick with Wiseco or can I run an OEM piston in it without any issues?

Thanks in advance

Edited by the_depraved_one

Getting ready for a top end rebuild before the new season starts. Had my top end to Eric Gorr last year for replating and some other work for that rebuild. I bought a stock bore wiseco and sent it to him for sizing.

My question is, barring any major defects in the cylinder, should I stick with Wiseco or can I run an OEM piston in it without any issues?

Thanks in advance

Another question that has been asked a million times, do some searching, grab a Red Bull and you will have a year's worth of reading on OEM cast vs. forged Wiseco..

• Like 2

If you look at sizing of pistons, there are 4 different sized OEM pistons used depending on the wear/ diameter of the cylinder.

A Wiseco piston is slightly larger than the largest diameter OEM piston (size D). If you have your cylinder re- plated per wiseco sizing, you may not not get as many hours out of your engine before it needs to be re plated again.