Mental Coaching?

Supercross

Just as the title says, do you think the top riders or teams are hiring mental coaches?

I thought about that after I heard that Nick Saben uses one with the tide.Here is a little bit from an article that I found on it.

"Moawad, with the help of his staff and various professionals brought in by Saban, teaches the young athletes of the Crimson Tide football program the fundamentals of mental preparation. The players enter into classes throughout the summer that concern how mood impacts performance, how the mind processes distracting information like the roar of the crowd and how decisions, especially mistakes, can turn into out-of-control consequences on the field"

I know most of these guys have personal trainers but im not sure if that is part of their job or not? Seems like alot of what they said in the above paragraph would apply to MX and SX.

Thoughts?

I thought for sure that one of you "insiders" would have the scoop on this?

Just as the title says, do you think the top riders or teams are hiring mental coaches?

I thought about that after I heard that Nick Saben uses one with the tide.Here is a little bit from an article that I found on it.

"Moawad, with the help of his staff and various professionals brought in by Saban, teaches the young athletes of the Crimson Tide football program the fundamentals of mental preparation. The players enter into classes throughout the summer that concern how mood impacts performance, how the mind processes distracting information like the roar of the crowd and how decisions, especially mistakes, can turn into out-of-control consequences on the field"

I know most of these guys have personal trainers but im not sure if that is part of their job or not? Seems like alot of what they said in the above paragraph would apply to MX and SX.

Thoughts?

I think some have many coaches including holistic & mental. Bagget had some dude at the test track doing incense & rubbing his temples talking softly to him. Or something like that, but that is all I know of.

They use mental coaches in a sense, but not the way Saban explains it. Josh Grant hired a new coach to help him ride more confidently and to help him block out outside distractions. Barcia hired Stanton as a riding coach and training coach to learn his mental toughness because he was breaking down outdoors. Reed had a guy in 09 go to every race and film him and they would watch film and figure out how to react in certain situations.

They all know how to ride, they just use different voices to see thing they or their team doesn't to help them cope in different ways. I know two riders who go to a shrink once a week to cope with the pressure.

Edited by 2uptite

I thought that said "mental couch, so I took a nap on mine."

reaching-your-goals-anthony-robbins.jpg

i know some of them do. but that stuff isn't talked about. some think they are crazy when you do things like that. trey has talked about this and i feel like windham has too but can't remember.

If I were in there shoes I think I would at least try it. What would it hurt? I would want any advantage I could get.

I've assumed that some of the top level trainers use similar techniques. I have also wondered if team managers like Mitch Peyton or Roger Decoster use these types of techniques?

If I were in there shoes I think I would at least try it. What would it hurt? I would want any advantage I could get.

I've assumed that some of the top level trainers use similar techniques. I have also wondered if team managers like Mitch Peyton or Roger Decoster use these types of techniques?

its all about getting right in the head too. so why wouldn't they? i think its just a touchy subject because of all of the crazy people out there. its more of finding their way of meditating i would think. ???

I think Marty Smith used to keep a few naked girls in the truck...:excuseme: