My 2 stroke 1999 yz80 won't start

Last weekend I rode it and then the next weekend it just wouldn't kick over. I mean u could kick and kick and kick but it wouldn't roll over. But finally it started and then made a really deep sound like the engine was bogging and died. It's a 2 stroke

Try bump starting it. When was the last time the carb was rebuilt?

And the top end has how many hours by now? Or did you rebuild the top end 2 hours ago?

pull the top end off and check out how bad u fried the piston, ring, and sleeve from not letting it warm up mine did the same thing now im trying to see if i can fit a yz85 top end on it lol

whats the compression ? sounds like top end time to me.

you could have also just sucked something into the carb and it could be as easy as cleaning it.

Try cleaning out the carb. Some oil and fuel mixtures these days that run in a 2 stroke will separate causing the oil (being to thick) to clock the lower jet. It happened to me;( I recommend yamalube. PS (keep it outta cold temps for a period of time while sitting)

^^^^^^ kind of along what he said; I didn't pre-mix my gas once and just dumped the two stroke oil it in the tank while in a hurry and it didn't mix well so all of the the oil just went to the bottom of the tank and I had a hard time starting. I just tipped the bike over and let it flood out, then I mixed it better and it fired up.

Last weekend I rode it and then the next weekend it just wouldn't kick over. I mean u could kick and kick and kick but it wouldn't roll over. But finally it started and then made a really deep sound like the engine was bogging and died. It's a 2 stroke

If your going to be working on your own 2 stroke engines, you need 2 things, a good basic set of metric tools, and a compression tester. The FIRST test of a 2 stroke engine that all of a sudden wont start needs to be a spark test. Check spark with a new plug. The next test is compression test. Anything under 120 psi and you have a blown top end. Most newbies will suspect everything BUT the top and, and start messing with ignition components, carb jetting, etc... The #1 cause of no start, and bogging is a blown top end.

Edited by Polar_Bus
^^^^^^ kind of along what he said; I didn't pre-mix my gas once and just dumped the two stroke oil it in the tank while in a hurry and it didn't mix well so all of the the oil just went to the bottom of the tank and I had a hard time starting. I just tipped the bike over and let it flood out, then I mixed it better and it fired up.

Well bro.... On a 2 stroke? Hmm that's how you can blow out a motor lol. You should never. Ever! Do that... Haha

Have you tried getting a new spark plug?

Edited by Peterrides
Have you tried getting a new spark plug?

Yeah that could simply be your problem...