My 2 stroke 1999 yz80 won't start

Last weekend I rode it and then the next weekend it just wouldn't kick over. I mean u could kick and kick and kick but it wouldn't roll over. But finally it started and then made a really deep sound like the engine was bogging and died. It's a 2 stroke

Try cleaning out the carb. Some oil and fuel mixtures these days that run in a 2 stroke will separate causing the oil (being to thick) to clock the lower jet. It happened to me;( I recommend yamalube. PS (keep it outta cold temps for a period of time while sitting)

^^^^^^ kind of along what he said; I didn't pre-mix my gas once and just dumped the two stroke oil it in the tank while in a hurry and it didn't mix well so all of the the oil just went to the bottom of the tank and I had a hard time starting. I just tipped the bike over and let it flood out, then I mixed it better and it fired up.

Last weekend I rode it and then the next weekend it just wouldn't kick over. I mean u could kick and kick and kick but it wouldn't roll over. But finally it started and then made a really deep sound like the engine was bogging and died. It's a 2 stroke

If your going to be working on your own 2 stroke engines, you need 2 things, a good basic set of metric tools, and a compression tester. The FIRST test of a 2 stroke engine that all of a sudden wont start needs to be a spark test. Check spark with a new plug. The next test is compression test. Anything under 120 psi and you have a blown top end. Most newbies will suspect everything BUT the top and, and start messing with ignition components, carb jetting, etc... The #1 cause of no start, and bogging is a blown top end.

Edited by Polar_Bus

^^^^^^ kind of along what he said; I didn't pre-mix my gas once and just dumped the two stroke oil it in the tank while in a hurry and it didn't mix well so all of the the oil just went to the bottom of the tank and I had a hard time starting. I just tipped the bike over and let it flood out, then I mixed it better and it fired up.

Well bro.... On a 2 stroke? Hmm that's how you can blow out a motor lol. You should never. Ever! Do that... Haha