1999 yz80 won't start

Last weekend I rode it and then the next weekend it just wouldn't kick over. I mean u could kick and kick and kick but it wouldn't roll over. But finally it started and then made a really deep sound like the engine was bogging and died. It's a 2 stroke

Easiest thing to check is fouled spark plug. Other than that I guess clogged pilot jet in the carb. Not much else can go wrong when it has just been sitting for a week right?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Rixter
      A tiny clear rubber tube on bottom of carb.  On bottom sort of on side, by floats, the other end just hanging down.  Was it always like this? Or does the other end go somewhere?  Today after multiple trys with kick, choke on/off ,,,fuel keeps pouring out the tube.  This bike has always been hard to start.   Thanx  guys!
    • By Brock granberg
      I just did my valve adjustments and put my YZ250f back together as far as the valves, shims buckets and cam covers on but I need adhesive for the plastic valve/cam cover and I am stumped as far as what to use and where to get it or even what to call it! Need to get some soon im in need of a ride!
    • By ThatE30GUY
      Hey guys, I bought this YZ85 and came to realise the clutch wasnt working, so I drained the oil (Jet black) and pulled the plates out and cleaned them. I assumed finding a torque wrench would be easier than it has been. Does anyone know how to torque the clutch springs to spec without a wrench? Any insight helps.