Sign in to follow this  

07 yz not running correctly help please

recently replaced jets, AP diaghram, aftermarket fuel mixture screw. It is being a pain to start.... and when it gets warmed up and taken off choke it sounds like the choke is still on.. idles high, but once you start to ease off the clutch...rpms drop back to normal. With the rpms high, i can pull the hotstart and it does idle a little higher,,, before i take evrything apart to get to the hot start just curious if i am missing something else.

Edited by moto394

I put the year in the title. It is a 07. Where would be the best places to check for an air leak

I put the year in the title. It is a 07. Where would be the best places to check for an air leak

The tires

When I started helping a friend get this bike running after 4 years of setting up, I got Alot of great advice and help from this site...... Since this is my first 4stroke to ever work on in my short 13 years of riding, im not a 100 percent sure what it could be....I came here for help...as the title states....if you dont have any advice please post your ignorant comments elsewhere . Im trying to help A friend get back on 2 wheels

Check the intake boot between the carb and head. You can use carb cleaner while the engine is running. If you hear the RPMs change then you have a leak. Also check the hot start. Sometimes they get stuck a little open

Check the intake boot between the carb and head. You can use carb cleaner while the engine is running. If you hear the RPMs change then you have a leak. Also check the hot start. Sometimes they get stuck a little open

Thanks will give it a try today