2010 kill switch flashing

Hey guys,

My crf250's kill switch keeps flashing, it flashes a few times then stops for say 5 secs then flashes again.

I have put a full yoshi RS4 exhaust and a yoshi PIM2 fuel mapping unit on the bike.

Bike doesn't miss a beat runs perfectly, should I worry about fixing the flashing light or is it just because of the yoshi mapping unit?

Look in your service Manual/owners manual and see if it has a section about what the lights mean And the duration/pattern of the light

I can't as the bike never came with 1

It's called a mil code. It flashes a pattern and that corresponds to an error code that would be in you manual. What year is the bike? I'm sure me and other guys could help you out. Also what does the pattern look like? Maybe do that morse code style. Other than that I would avoid running it because I do know for a fact that if its giving you a pattern, something is up

Its a 2010 model.

Only started Flashing after i installed this Yoshi PIM2

yamaha_R-433-2376A_L.jpg

You just plug this into the existing wiring harness, I think it is just confusing the standed ECU and making it flash, Has any1 else installed 1 on there 2010 - 2012 CRF's?

I cant remember the pattern of the flash as its been 2 months since i last rode it and bike is in pieces atm as im upgrading my suspension. As soon as i get it back together ill start it and post what pattern i get.

I think it might of flashed 3 times then would stop for 5 sec and then flash 3 times again (this im unsure of tho)

All it does is flash constantly, there is no pattern just flash,flash, flash.....

Sorry for lack of response. My manual says that pattern is "MAP sensor circuit malfunction". The only thing I could think of is that possibly you have a plug not in all the way or a wiring issue somewhere. I don't think it could be the pim-2 because those are really just plug and play... But I really have no knowledge about them so it could be it. So double check your wiring, maybe even clean contacts.

Sorry for lack of response. My manual says that pattern is "MAP sensor circuit malfunction". The only thing I could think of is that possibly you have a plug not in all the way or a wiring issue somewhere. I don't think it could be the pim-2 because those are really just plug and play... But I really have no knowledge about them so it could be it. So double check your wiring, maybe even clean contacts.

Cheers for your reply,

I think you was on the money, Since i posted this i had the bike apart to clean it up, Put it all back together (checked all connections) and went for a quick ride and now the kilswitch has stopped flashing :)

I have a similar problem, but mine flashes 7 time's then stops for 2-3 seconds and goes another 7 flashes and keeps repeating, about 10 hours since bottom end rebuild and I only just got my valve clearance checked, bike runs 100% just that light keeps flashing, can't seem to find a code for in my book, any idea on what it is or what I could do?

I have a similar problem, but mine flashes 7 time's then stops for 2-3 seconds and goes another 7 flashes and keeps repeating, about 10 hours since bottom end rebuild and I only just got my valve clearance checked, bike runs 100% just that light keeps flashing, can't seem to find a code for in my book, any idea on what it is or what I could do?

check all the connections and make sure if you yanked the wires out of the air box sensor that they were put back in the correct spots.