Dual sporting my X -- which "kit" is better?

OK- last couple of questions regarded gearing, tires and LED lights ------ i'm good there -

Just picked up insurance on the X through my carrier for a whopping $75 a year , now its on to the other bits and pieces

I am likely going with Ricky Stator's HID stuff for the headlight pretty soon , but in the meantime, just wanna get the thing tagged ---- Oklahoma does not require a huge amount of stuff to go through and not much in the way of inspections, but i have to present them a parts list of everything i have installed to make it compliant ---

Baja Designs' kit is pretty ubiquitous, but a Tusk kit is half the price --- ease of use and ease of install are pretty high on the priority list to me as i want to keep from having to hand fabricate a lot of stuff . Basically, if its too much work, the stuff will just gather dust on garage shelves and i'll never get it dual sported (I hate admitting that on a public forum, but for me, its the truth ---- i once took my old 2 stroke to the MX track because i didnt feel like changing the oil in my YZF that day --- obviously i did change the oil because i do love my bikes, but i'm kind of a path of least resistance type of guy --- had a blast on the 2 stroke anyway - LOL)

Any of you folks know the good,bad, and or ugly with these kits?

Just picked up insurance on the X through my carrier for a whopping $75 a year , now its on to the other bits and pieces

That's actually on the high side. I covered both bikes for $84 through Progressive, athough your state may have different limits/requirements.

Jim.

That's actually on the high side. I covered both bikes for $84 through Progressive, athough your state may have different limits/requirements.

Jim.

im using Progressive too, -- they charged me the $75, but then gave me a $40 discount on my auto policy for converting to a multi-category policy or something. But ya never know --- my credit score may be worse than yours, and i dont have a motorcycle rated drivers license yet either --- all that stuff factors in

Hi DMC707

Ill let some of the members give you their opinion on our dual sport kits, but just wanted to let you know we do offer 10% off for thumper talk members. Im also here as well as the rest of our tech support guys to answer any questions along the way and we have very detailed yet simple instructions to make the install a breeze.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks

Mike

BD

BD all the way.

I've tried everything else, and they don't last, or use really cheap componentry that fails on the trail.

Hi DMC707

Ill let some of the members give you their opinion on our dual sport kits, but just wanted to let you know we do offer 10% off for thumper talk members. Im also here as well as the rest of our tech support guys to answer any questions along the way and we have very detailed yet simple instructions to make the install a breeze.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

Thanks

Mike

BD

Thanks Mike,

I made the call,- Brandon (i thought it was Brandon? - no matter -- nice kid whether his name was BRandon or Bill ) helped me out on the phone kit is on the way -- :thumbsup:

So now that thats out of the way, i can concentrate on the important things --- like how many Monster Energy and/or Rockstar stickers i can get on my bike ---- and if i run a monster logo on one shroud and a Rockstar logo on the other -- does that set me up for double contingency points? or just more legal trouble (kidding)

Edited by DMC707

Thanks Mike,

I made the call,- Brandon (i thought it was Brandon? - no matter -- nice kid whether his name was BRandon or Bill ) helped me out on the phone kit is on the way -- :thumbsup:

So now that thats out of the way, i can concentrate on the important things --- like how many Monster Energy and/or Rockstar stickers i can get on my bike ---- and if i run a monster logo on one shroud and a Rockstar logo on the other -- does that set me up for double contingency points? or just more legal trouble (kidding)

Sweet good to hear you got all setup :thumbsup:

Haha maybe both stickers will give you 10 more hp :ride:

Thanks for the support

Mike

BD

Make sure if you need DOT approved/stamped lights and DOT tires if you have to get an inspection. In CA they are both required. Not sure if the BD kit uses lenses with DOT molded into them or not.

You can't miss with BD

They do have DOT stamped in the mold of the lens

I cannot believe how cheap you guys can buy insurance....

Here in Canada I have to pay $750 on my 450x for 12 months insurance!!

That is for liability only (no theft or collision) and I get the maximum discounts available, never had a claim, no tickets, over 20 years experience driving etc. As soon as you go over 400cc's the rates skyrocket here.

My Pick up with full coverage is $1,100 per year.

Edited by stroker

I cannot believe how cheap you guys can buy insurance....

Here in Canada I have to pay $750 on my 450x for 12 months insurance!!

That is for liability only (no theft or collision) and I get the maximum discounts available, never had a claim, no tickets, over 20 years experience driving etc. As soon as you go over 400cc's the rates skyrocket here.

My Pick up with full coverage is $1,100 per year.

Come on down Stroker ! - LOL. One of my nicer riding buddies is from Canada --- a few years ago, i asked him what it was like to live up there, and he stated --- there are a lot of things he likes about the states, and if he wanted to go back he would but he doesn't .

Here in the states we also gripe about taxes, etc. too but we have little to complain about if we compare our taxes to the taxes our brothers to the north pay. On the flip side, i think there must be a lot to like about Canada too --- i have never heard any talk about building electrified security fences across the north border to keep "those darn Canadians " out like there was talk about in the South