Should I get a 2006 rmz250, or a 2005 crf250r

I have been looking for a good deal on used bikes for a while now. I found a 2006 rmz250, and a 2005 crf250r. They both run great, and dont need anything. They are the same price, and are both the same distance away. Which one should I buy, and why? Also are their any things I should watch out for when i go to look at them, or after I get either one? Thanks, Mitchell.

Why do you want to buy a used 4t?

The RMZs had reliability issues as with the CRFs. I have never owned either, this comes from my grapevine sources.....My advice is steer clear of both of them and look for something without valves.

Im getting a used 4t because i dont have the money to buy a new one, and i just dont enjoy riding my 2t, so im selling it and buying a newer 4t. I have already found both bikes, and have both been redone to solve the reliability issues. Thanks for the advice!

Im getting a used 4t because i dont have the money to buy a new one, and i just dont enjoy riding my 2t, so im selling it and buying a newer 4t. I have already found both bikes, and have both been redone to solve the reliability issues. Thanks for the advice!

A used 4t could cost you a fortune in repairs....and with the limited amount of money you have, I think you may want to re-think your decision.

Well I can speak from experience on this 'luver', I've owned a 04 CRF250R, they're a good bike, but when buying a used 4 stroke, be careful and more importantly, check the engine out the best you can , listen for sounds, rattles and knocks, ( but before you go look at the bike, tell the owner to leave the bike cold, do not start it until you get there, because you want to start it, to see how well it starts from cold, thats one of the best ways to check for valve problems). I think personally for the years of bike your looking at, The 05 CRF250R is the better buy, that is my opinion, I think the RMZ's of the same year had a few more problems than the CRF's of 04-06, but if you can pick up a newer RMZ, like say a 07-09, then I would go that option, Iike my 09 RMZ :thumbsup: good luck with your buy dude

Dont buy either. i have owned that generation rmz and can say that its the biggest money pit around. it was such a huge waste of money.

At the end of the day dude, people can only give you their opinion, you should make the choice yourself, you are your own man...

Depends on the maintenance, I have an 05 RMZ 250 I bought used, rode it all last year and haven't had an issue yet, previous owner took good care of it. I took to heart all the 2T for the lower maintenance advice and bought a 2006 KTM 200 recently to see if I liked it to replace my RMZ, as you can see in my signature it is being parted out, poor maintenance took its toll...

-Chad