New Restaurant Opened In Erendira- Viejo y El Mar

Actually just re-opnned after 19 years. Just a few weeks ago, starting on the weekends and now most days. Look for the sign at the entrance to Castro's camp.

El-viejo-y-el-mar_zps163c9e77.png

Actually just re-opnned after 19 years Just a few weeks ago, starting on the weekends and now most days. Look for the sign at the entrance to Castro's camp.

The Old Man and The Sea is located inside Castro's Fish Camp north of town (and 1 mi south of Coyote Cals)

IMG_2280_zpsd65ec6aa.jpg

Ed is a big man, tall and friendly. A cuban, he has bright blue eyes and grey hair. He can cook.

IMG_2279_zps351d1176.jpg

They have hugh 1/2 cheeseburgers (not your typical mexi-burger) fries, chili, onions rings and lots of seafood. Ed goes out and catches what he cooks. We had a great fish machaca plate with the chilli and you can bring your own drinks in there if you want. The place is decorated well with a cool ambiance and a million dollar view of Colonet most days.

IMG_2282_zpsa9e6879e.jpgWe'll still eat at Gloria's up on the hill but we found a really cool new place to share. Being near the puerto gives this place a an edge.

I suggest you make a point to check it out next time you are in town.

Ok Lenny let me know about when you guys will be there. For Scotty sorry you dont owe me the 1/2 gal gas.I have not repaid you,When you had to get me when I was stuck Sat night in the wash on your honey moon night.How many Gal gas will that cost me?BTR ( also what is more pendejo,one toyota stuck in sand wash,or two toyotas)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Larry has his own parking spot and has had his meal card stamped so many times, he can't even read it anymore.

Ed's secret is offering a thick fresh burger, onion rings, chili and fries. The local fisherman go nuts for it since they already have all the fish they can eat.

Spread the word that Viejo del Mar not just another trendy BURGER LOUNGE.