Xceldyne vs. stock valves

I have a 08 cf250r and I'm going to have to replace the valves soon. It has the stock valves in it. I was looking at xceldyne titanium valves and wondered if they are any better than the stock titanium valves? I want to keep titanium since I ride primarily motocross with some occasional trail and woods riding.

kibblewhites... you wont notice a difference..

I've heard that ss valves aren't the best for high rpm's because they are heavier and have more seat pressure. I know that ss valves require their own springs, so does the springs help them at higher rpm's or not? I did think about ss valves and know they last way longer, but racing moto was my biggest concern. I live were there's a majority of harescrambles and woods racing as much as there is motocross and I ride both, so would ss valves be better suited if I do both?

I've heard that ss valves aren't the best for high rpm's because they are heavier and have more seat pressure. I know that ss valves require their own springs, so does the springs help them at higher rpm's or not? I did think about ss valves and know they last way longer, but racing moto was my biggest concern. I live were there's a majority of harescrambles and woods racing as much as there is motocross and I ride both, so would ss valves be better suited if I do both?

The springs are stiffer to work with the heavier valve, if you want a nice free revving engine then stick with Ti. I do not understand why people buy a RACE bike and then de-grade it.

The springs are stiffer to work with the heavier valve, if you want a nice free revving engine then stick with Ti. I do not understand why people buy a RACE bike and then de-grade it.

Ok, now I'm back to my original question. I'm going to buy titanium valves, so is there any difference between xceldyne and stock ti valves?
  • Like 1

Ok, now I'm back to my original question. I'm going to buy titanium valves, so is there any difference between xceldyne and stock ti valves?

i dont want to make a big war out of this but your not going to notice a difference with the ss valves... just go buy ss valves.. if you race motocross what class do you race in

i dont want to make a big war out of this but your not going to notice a difference with the ss valves... just go buy ss valves.. if you race motocross what class do you race in

I'm going to race the Open C class this year. I've been thinking about ss valves because they do last longer, and would be easier on my wallet. But if I buy ss valves should I buy kibble whites or faction mx? I'm going to have MX Time cut the valve seats, and I was just going to install parts myself.

Being a c rider you will be just fine with ss kibble white valves. Just buy the kibble white springs seals and guides and then get your seats machined and you will be golden..!!

Do I have to buy guides to? There not that expensive. Just wondering.

yes, they are better ti material and will likely last longer. Is the added cost worth it over stock? that's your call. Honda kept the valve and springs prices low so racers can keep the motors fresh,. Cheapest bikes to race IMHO

yes, they are better ti material and will likely last longer. Is the added cost worth it over stock? that's your call. Honda kept the valve and springs prices low so racers can keep the motors fresh,. Cheapest bikes to race IMHO

you can put 3 sets of oem valves in for the cost of the exyldynes you could get a set of exldyne retainers that fit the stock springs theres a considerable reduction in mass and you can also get the oem valves coated with a better coating than honda uses making the valves last consideably longer .

you can put 3 sets of oem valves in for the cost of the exyldynes you could get a set of exldyne retainers that fit the stock springs theres a considerable reduction in mass and you can also get the oem valves coated with a better coating than honda uses making the valves last consideably longer .

Well, I think I'm going to get the kibblwhites anyway. I talked to a couple of local racers who use them and they said they're just as good as Ti and last way longer. Thanks for the info any way.